Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

picked up a tc encore and omega today!

Old 12-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: picked up a tc encore and omega today!

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

Pglasgow

I know cayugad thinks I'm nuts too... but that stock just doesn't look like a rifle stock.. I hate that big HUMP in the stock.. the lines are just not smooth. The first time I saw a stock like that was on the ol Buck-a-Wappa ( something like that I didn't like it then either) don't like thumbholes either... and the only good ice cream is vanilla... If God wanted all those other flavors - why is milk from the cow vanilla??? HAH! you don't see a cow giving chocolate, pink pine apple, or what ever the one that comes in three colors... vanilla rules
I have to agree with you about milk, but ICE CREAM?, that's a whole nuther matter, ever try Blue Bunny Chocolate Almond Fudge? MMMM , but I like vanilla too.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:11 PM

Well,
He does have the right to have an opinion and say what he wants about the Encore and Omega. But, he just made grossly overstated and in most people's opinion exagerated junk about two of the most highly rated muzzle loaders on the market. By doing that, which he is free to do, he lost credibility. In some folks book, probably all credibility.
It would be like visiting the Cadilac dealer and saying the cars are total junk because you don't like the feel of the fabric on the seats and then you drive away in your KKKKia.
All I know is that as you read these boards, and others, you hear many stories about people switching FROM CVA to T/C products. Don't hear allot of stories going back the other way.

OBTW, base price around here for a stainless w/ black composite stock is between 500 and 550. If your dealer is charging 700, not only does he not know what he is doing, he is ripping you off. The reason "thats why its still sitting there. Its been there since sept." is because the price is about 200 too high, not because people don't like the stock.
Hank
Old 12-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

A whole lot of somebodies like T/C Encore and Omegas. They outsell the Winchester Apex and X-150 around 100-1.

My Omega laminated wood stock is not a recoil-beater..... actually far-from it. It's very tame/very straight back with no side-to-side thrust.Same with the wood stocks I've shot on the Encore.

The real problem here lies with the thread starter (Frontier Gander) who has anagenda here to rip T/C Omegas & Encores.A real juvenile that actslike he's 12 years old.The stories he tells about T/C synthetic stocks are old& been heard here a thousand times. Doesn't seem to hurt their sales or popularitythou.

In the meantime, WinchesterMLs areslowly facing extinction.
Grow up Frontier Gander! You are now officially the Hunting.net Muzzleloader forum troll.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:48 PM

i act like a12 year old for saying my thoughts about the high priced encore? whats so bad about expressing how i feel about the stock? Its a horribly designed stock. For me and my size it does not fit and from what the dealer told me, doesnt fit all that many who picked it up. The omega i really didnt have a problem with. Its just the stock didnt have the drop that i needed for it to fit me comfortably. It was just to light in the back and put to much weight on the front hand holding it. Like the sights were do-able but not for me. If you dont like my opinion thats fine. Im just speaking my thoughts on the 2 rifles. You guys hear of the store Big R? thats where they were. And i see that TC charges higher prices than buds gun shop by the way. And triple, dont take this thread as me putting down TC. Im not at all trying to do that, im just "voicing" my opinion on my first TC inline check out. But by far, the encore would not shoulder well at all. Even my traditions stock is about an 1 1/2" to short for me but i dont care, the groups it shoots makes up but it, but hell, i can shoulder it comfortably. My cva staghorn i had again but a little to short but cva sent it to me for free so i really cant complain. It was deff. a huge step up from the cva blazer! Hell Triple, you probably own more cva/tradition rifles than i do! I act like a 12 year old eh? You dont have much room to talk, if i act like a child, you sure like to play along. If you dont like seeing people voice their opinions, thats to bad. you voice yours.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just happen to own one of the poor stocked Encores and I love it. I am 6'1" and it fits me like a glove. I can hold that gun perfectly steady, and it shoots 3 shots groups under 1.5" with open sights. I have 2 buddys, one is 6'3" and one is 6'4" and both of them shoot it just fine as well. I must have gotten one of the "good" ones before the crappy ones rolled out of the factory.

To each their own.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:26 PM

Triple i went ahead to edited my first posting about what i thought. I figured i'd do write my review in a randy wakeman way. More like a PG-13 Review.

Rammer, im not sure what was wrong with that stock but i took my jacket off and thought maybe it was the jacket getting the way. Shouldered in 4-5 times before i handed it back. The guy said maybe a thumb hole stock would do better but he didnt have any in stock. He had a total of 3 muzzleloaders there, black/ss omega/ camo/ss omega and the encore. They sold all the other muzzleloaders.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea one of the most popular selling gunson the marketand prob about the most popular muzzleloader in the Omega both junk. Hell Cva must really be nuts since they just mimic the 2 of the most popular guns out there. Everyone has their own opinions but man you realize that this time your way off in left field all alone on this one. Most people will totally disagree with you, just go to a gun shop and ask them how many of these fly off the shelves.

Ive yet to have someone see my Encore, shoulder it and not fall in love with it. Im 6 4" 280lbs with a 32" draw and it fits me great.

Your post just seems to make sure you try to p#ss everyone off who ones the T/C's which is obviously most of us.

Where do you live, maybe we could see if the proof is in the puddin I'll be happy to put a friendly wager on my Encore out shooting that Winchester of yours.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:50 PM

colorado.. can i shoot my traditions to? I love that one! Im not posting this to piss off TC owners. If you dont like what i have to say, thats to bad. This is what i experienced with TC today and wanted to post what i had to say about them. By the way, what kinda groups is your encore getting with open sights and not shooting off a bench? I do all my shooting in real type hunting situations. And thats how i sight in my rifles. The Encore did not fit me. Why does that make you guys so pissy? I hear other preach that you need to pick up the rifle and make sure it fits. I pick one up, tell you guys that it didnt fit me and you guys start crying? A lot of you are acting like the honda civic owner when i told him his car sounds like me in the bathroom after eating mexican.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:57 PM

I have been browsing thhis forum for about 3 months lots of great info till
I read this post It made me register. I am presently looking at new muzzleloaders I own a Knight and a Nef sidekick with the .25 ACP conversion I have shot and will probably buy an Omega. This poster seems to bash T/C every chance he gets and really pushes those copy cat
spanish pipe bombs. You get what you pay for, spanish barrels are ticking time bombs. Just my opinion.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:03 PM

spanish pipe bombs?!!! LMFAO! as you can see, its another randy wakeman follower! Hey go to greybeardoutdoors and you'll see 90% dislike randy wakeman. And exactly how am i putting down TC? i just didnt like the way the stocks didnt shoulder. They didnt work out for me. Now one thing i will admit to bashing on is TC's triggers. Now when u buy an omega with them advertising a 3 to 3.5 trigger pull and get one with a 6lb trigger pull and someone tells you to spend more money on getting it fixed. Thats where i throw in the flag.

This is simple. the stocks felt,looked/ handled cheap. and they did not line up for me when i put them to my shoulder. Other than the triggers, thats the only thing i think TC needs to get to work on. Giving their customers the product they expect.
Here's a pic of my spanish pipe bomb and my other ticking time bomb . lol i'll admit the "spanish pipe bomb" cracked me up.

Quick Reply: picked up a tc encore and omega today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.