Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My APEX arrived

Old 12-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My APEX arrived

outdoorslover,

I have just discovered that the store at Denver isn't yet open, so I can't go anyway . Sidney Nebraska, the closest,is just too far to travel this weekend.

So I am just praying the omegas are still available when it opens for the reduced price. Christmas is tough time to get people to go along with you and I wasn't able to get anyone to go today anyway. I figure they'll run sometheing similar as a Grand Opening promotion. So maybe January or February when the store opens, I'll be posting info on my new purchase. I should by then have 30 to 40 dollars more points.

I'm still trying to recruit new cardmembers so maybe, just maybe, I will get even more points. Wish me luck, those laminated stock stainless omegas are just beautiful.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pglasgow

OK I am totally confused... I know that is easialy done, but you just got a new Apex and now you are wheeling and dealing to get a Omega??? I thought you were trying to get an Omega scope for your Apex...

If'n you just got the Apex and you already have a NEF and goodness knows what else and now you're after a Omega - you have Cayugad's disease - more the better...
Old 12-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mike,

I'm one of those unfortunate souls who is a slave to his mortgage. But I love my rifles, really I do. These Cabelas schemes have been thebest way I've come up with to justify my obsessions with fishing and hunting with my wife. Even so, alot of my own money goes into these sports andwhen it goes in a little at a time, there is usually only support from Steph. A rifle, especially an Omega, is a whole nuther matter but even she is impressed with my scheme of obtaining one. Its an investment I tell her.

I freely confess to being diseased with an obsession for outdoor sports and especially muzzleloading. My name is Phil, my first experience with muzzleloading began at the age of 15, it was then that my father bought a hawken kit . . . .