Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My APEX arrived

Old 12-13-2006, 11:08 PM

Default RE: My APEX arrived

Boy... sounds like someone is //\\!//\\ 'ed.

just kiddin wimuzzleman
Old 12-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

Its ok I will be the first to admit i am whipped.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: zuren1cs

I just got my APEX on Monday and agree with you on every point. The gun comes up very comfortably on me. One thing that I thought could be improved is the sling swivels are plastic. I tend to be "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but if it's plastic, I tend to break it, so those may be getting swapped soon. I also wasn't impressed that there was an adhesive residue on the ramrod that had it glued in place. I had to remove the barrel to get the rod to finally slide out. Despite these 2 annoyances, they do not affect the direct performance of the gun. Plus I'll take some annoyance for the price I paid ($108.50 delivered).
Where did you find one for $108.50???
I'm planning to go with 100 gr. of Pyrodex pellets and the 270 gr. PowerBeltPlatinums. I've read a couple posts whereguys getgood groupswith theAPEX and sister CVAs with this combo. Ihave Xmas shopping to do, but I may get it to the range this weekend.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:11 AM
Spike

You'll like your Apex when you get to know it. I have one. My first ML, so I have nothing to compare it to - but I love it. It takes a 250gr. shockwave and two T7 pellets, and makes a straight line for the bullseye at 100 yards shot after shot, with just a spit patch between shots. Took a nice 4 pointer with her this season!
I'm going to start trying some other bullets/loads after the new year, and try to find a place to shoot past 100 yds.

Good luck with your rifle!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Roger46982

Roger,

I think what he meant was that he paid $108.50 of his own money and the rest was promotion, gift card, and cabela's points, or something like that. The Stainless/Black Apex is selling for $199 at Cabelas. I used a Cabelas discount they emailed me ($20 off a $150 dollar or more purchase) and paid for the remainder with accumulated cabelas card points. Mine was free to me as a gift from Cabela's for using their card to buy my gas, groceries, etc.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Pglasgow

ORIGINAL: Roger46982

Roger,

I think what he meant was that he paid $108.50 of his own money and the rest was promotion, gift card, and cabela's points, or something like that. The Stainless/Black Apex is selling for $199 at Cabelas. I used a Cabelas discount they emailed me ($20 off a $150 dollar or more purchase) and paid for the remainder with accumulated cabelas card points. Mine was free to me as a gift from Cabela's for using their card to buy my gas, groceries, etc.
Exactly what Pglasgow said. The gun was already on sale,then I had a $10 Cabelascoupon/gift card, a$50 Mastercard gift card and $44.xx in Cabelas points. With shipping it cost me $108.50. Being a Cabelas Club member has been great! I canceled allmy other cards and strictly use this as I end up getting clothes or gear for nothing or ata severe discount when you use the points!
Old 12-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

I think i might have to get me a cabelas card. All the points i will rack up will give me more of a reason to shop there.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with your new ML Phil! Hope it's a good shooter for you. That's a nice discounted price you gave for it. That's one of the best deals I've seenthroughout 2006. Knowing you, I'm sure you will make a sweet shooter out of it with more than one type of bullet style.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Triple Se7en. I sure hope she shoots too. But you know what's got into my brain lately?

This weekend Cabelas will give me$100 off a $450 + purchase. I can bring up to 5 people, who if they apply for a Cabelas card and are approved, I will be awarde $40 dollars each in Cabelas points. They get $25 in Cabelas points.

Now I've tried get everyone I have not already encouraged to get a Cabelas card to come up to Denver with me to the new Cabelas retail store there. No commitments though, but I am really going to try garner, all means and powers of persuasion,to get at least two to make the trip with me. If I can, I figure it will play out like this.

I arrive at the store with a $150 discount,hopefully I've managed to bring 2 people who are approved for cards enriching my cabelas points stash from $160 to $240. All this means that between points and discount I could take $340 off any purchase of $450 or more. Can you see where this is headed?

You see right now Cabelas is selling Laminate stock Omega's for $429. I just add the Scope base for the Apex maybe some little other thing and Presto! For $110 dollars of my own money I get a stainless Omega with laminated Stock and a Scope base for the Apex. Subtract $20 for the Scope base and the Stainless Omega with Laminate stock is mine for the incredible out of pocket cost of $90 Bucks. No Trip, if I get this done tomorrow I will have one-upped the Apex deal hands down.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:11 AM

That's brilliant. I wish I could figure out a scheme like that. I still wanna new muzzleloader, but after Christmas I might get money and a Cabela's gift card which will definetely help. The best way to get a deal there is to ask everyone you know for a Cabela's card for Christmas this year. I got a hundred bucks last year and then found an after Christmas sale on a bow. It was 170 bucks--a steal. I then sold my old bow and only had to pay a tiny amount for a brand new bow. You should try this for that muzzleloader. Maybe you can get an Omega or something. Good luck

Quick Reply: My APEX arrived

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.