Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My APEX arrived

Old 12-13-2006, 09:25 PM

Default RE: My APEX arrived

we'll after selling some parts off my 1953 ford mainline i now have enough to purchase an Apex . 4.5lbs trigger pull is what winchester lists it as on their website. Im not exactly sure what my x-150 isbut its smooth with very little "play" while pulling it. i picked up some kleenbore primers at walmart today for $3 a box and i got the best deal yet! a combo, bore brush/mop for $1! As soon as my money order comes in, im off to cabelas to order my apex. How are the sights? i was thinking of ordering the tru glow sights for an extra $40.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

we'll after selling some parts off my 1953 ford mainline i now have enough to purchase an Apex . 4.5lbs trigger pull is what winchester lists it as on their website. Im not exactly sure what my x-150 isbut its smooth with very little "play" while pulling it. i picked up some kleenbore primers at walmart today for $3 a box and i got the best deal yet! a combo, bore brush/mop for $1! As soon as my money order comes in, im off to cabelas to order my apex. How are the sights? i was thinking of ordering the tru glow sights for an extra $40.
F. G.,

You may like the sights that come with it so you might oughta wait. If you are sure you won't, then order the tru glow sights. Glad to hear that you are going to take advantage of the deal. No telling how long they'll last.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:39 PM

Okay thanks for the info. I'll put the sights off untill i get the rifle. Seeing how the black.blue and all camo Apex's are now sold out from cabelas, i dont think the ss/camo will last long so that money order/ mail truck better be hauling some ass lol. Enjoy the new rifle and make sure you keep us updated when you fire it.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

I think i am gonna wait and try to find an all camo one. I have never owned an all camo gun and I want one.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wimuzzleman

I think i am gonna wait and try to find an all camo one. I have never owned an all camo gun and I want one.
I just watched the video which came with it and saw the all camo rifle, it looks sharp.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:29 PM

i heard that the all camo isnt worth the extra $$ and that it flakes off. i just did some experimenting with those remington kleenbore primers and wow! They are #1 in my book. i fired one kneelbore primer in my x-150 and when took my swab and ran it down the barrel a couple times and pulled it out with only a specks of black here and there. I fired one cci 209 primer after i cleaned the barrel and did it all over again and this time i had resistence with only the swab! the swap as i expected came out black. The only down fall i found with the kleenbore primers, they love to throw burning powder in your eye, as i found out as im typing with one eye and a washcloth over my other hurting eye. The cci primers did it also but no where near as bad. But for you guys that are going to order or have bought new rifles, i'd switch to the kleen bored. Very very nice primers that dont foul the barrel nearly as much. Sorry pglasgow, didnt mean to rob your post but i thought it was fitting.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

can't blame this one on me.. I don't own an Apex. This is all Pglasgow's doing.
For now, it looks like I'm off the hook. ~wiping sweat from brow~
Old 12-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah you are off the hook for now, but can I still blame you when I do get one?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wimuzzleman

Yeah you are off the hook for now, but can I still blame you when I do get one?
Sure. If it gets you off the hook with your girl friend .. . . You need to make sure the purchase is long before or sufficiently long after Valentines day or that rifle is always going to look like a ring or pair of earrings.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Fork Horn

Oh boy i forgot about valentines day. I guess i am gonna have to wait till spring.

Quick Reply: My APEX arrived

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.