Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Well u guys talked me into it!

Old 12-06-2006, 08:45 PM

Default Well u guys talked me into it!

While its not the exact thing I want, its the better gun and for the price, I cant go wrong. ive spent countless hrs here going through old posts and listening too peoples opinions on muzzleloaders and it seems the muzzleloader of choice is the T/C Omega. My one condition is i wanted a muzzleloader with the thumb hole stock. I was leaning towards the laminated cva kodiak but cabelas has the stainless/composit stock t/c omega on sale with the thumbhole stock for 369 and it comes with a free knife. While I really like the wood/laminate stock better then the composit stock, its not on sale and is really just a look thing and wont change the perfromance of the gun. $369 for a T.C thumbhole stock omega with a 50 dollar knife is a hell of a deal. Im placing my order tonight
Old 12-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Well u guys talked me into it!

Looks like you made a great choice. You should be very happy with it.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

goyard74

CONGRATS! - you will like your choice - I hope you enjoy yours - they are neat and they are fun....
Old 12-06-2006, 09:02 PM

Believe me when I say that a person cant go wrong with a cva kodiak, but from what i am reading, the warranty and customer service of the thompson is that much better and besides they are on sale at cabelas, the kodiak isnt in the thumbhole style.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:38 PM

You sure can't go wrong with the Omega. I don't like the thumbhole stock design, though. It interferes with cocking the gun - could be a real issue in one of those "there he is!" situations.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:34 PM

roskoe, i understand what u are saying with the thumbhole design and I agree with you but for some reason I was more comfortable shooting with that design and as we all know we shoot better if we are comfortable with our weapon. Its not for everyone, thats for sure and some people are turned off by the looks of them, but I like them. I havebeen shooting a NEF stainless 50 cal and this should be a nice upgrade from that. I liked the NEF but I had trouble with the break open action staying shut. I cleaned it well and it seemed too be in good working order but for some reason the break open at unwanted times.