It sure is a great way to get a bunch of different opinions on something. It sure makes decision making easier having all of this information. My wallet appreciates this also. Thanks again, Mike" />

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

This sure is a great site!

Old 12-02-2006, 10:53 AM

Default This sure is a great site!

Thanks for all of the great helpful ideas here.It sure is a great way to get a bunch of different opinions on something. It sure makes decision making easier having all of this information. My wallet appreciates this also.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 12-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This sure is a great site!

You're Welcome!

Nobody here is the ML or Blackpowder expert. Every regular poster herefeeds off each other - still learn a thing-or-two from each other also.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

welcome aboard Mike,great bunch of guys here.kick back and enjoy!
Old 12-03-2006, 07:50 PM

I agree this is my first day on this site and I'm like a kid in a candy store. I've been hunting flintlocks in central Pa for about 20 years now. With out it I would probably quit. Its my love and passion when it comes to hunting.There is nothing like hunting in the snow in full snow camo. Last season I hunted horns till the last day at noon. When noon rolled around the gloves were off. I scored about 3:30 on a doe about 80 yards off hand and stalking in a snow storm.We seen each other at the same time and there was no chance to move, I sure was suprised to see her lying right where she stood.It was a awsome hunt and one I will remember allways.Most of all my great hunting memories come with that Thompson Center Hawkins 50 in my hand.

[/align]
Old 12-03-2006, 08:17 PM

I fully agree. I've been out of Muzzleloading for over 30 years. Had a 58 caliber Zouave in those days from Navy Arms. Was a real hoot to shoot!! You guys are getting me up to speed pretty fast.

Trying out an old Knight Wolverine now, 54 caliber. It cost me $94.00 and is in pretty good shape. Hope to get it out at the range after the 10 or so inches of snow is gone.

I'm going to use Triple Se7ven powder and Sabots. Looking for a relaible cap now.
Bill