Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

While hunting, what do others use...

Old 11-30-2006, 09:58 AM

Default While hunting, what do others use...

tocarry there powder, bullets/balls, sabots/patches, etc...to the field with them. Any ideas for a sensible container, pouch, etc...would be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: While hunting, what do others use...

I carry a camo belt that has three pouches. Theres one on eachhip - plus one on your backside. Allows me to carry everything - inlcuding flashlight, trail marking tape, compass, matches, knife... etc... plus all my ML loading tools.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

With my flinters I use a traditional hunting bag with powder horn, etc...

With my Knight Disc...I just use a couple of pockets in my Primos hunting vest...I put cleaning patches, cleaning jag, a small eye drop bottle full of rubbing alcohol and a small bottle of Rem Oil...In another pocket, short starter, primed discs and 4-5 quick loads ready to go.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

i just carry 3 speedloader with me they have the sabot in the bottom the powder in the inside and a 209 in the cap. i have extra powder caps and sabots in the truck
Old 11-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a fanny pack/hand warmer combination. In the pack is three small pockets. One pockets holds the pre-measured powder charges and projectiles. One hold the GPS & compass along with a few other odds and ends. And the big compartment holds things such as knife, short starter, extra what ever and usually other things I might need.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:04 PM

usually with my flintlock i carry 4 quick loaders, my priming powder,flintwallet with a couple spare flints and my tool ring inside my possibles bag. With my inline i just carry the 4 speed loaders in my jacket pocket and throw in a couple extra 209 primers.