I need to go check my blood pressure!!!! http://www.tcarms.com/customShop/images/customEncoreLarge.jpg I think I am in love. A left handed thumbhole stock. I thought they were like..." />

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Check This Out!

Old 11-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Check This Out!

My heart still hasn't slowed down since I saw this out of TC's new custom shop!! I need to go check my blood pressure!!!!

http://www.tcarms.com/customShop/images/customEncoreLarge.jpg

I think I am in love. A left handed thumbhole stock. I thought they were like Unicorns and didn't exist!!! Dads got to have one of these.

Check out their updated site. Bad news is that it looks like the Renegade is gone again!! [:@]
Old 11-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Check This Out!

If dad already owns a encore give Boyds Stocks a call they may have a thumbhole for LH or can make it. PH# 605-996-5011

Old 11-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

I don't have an Encore yet. I bought an Omega last year and I am still playing with that. I priced the grey laminated stock for it and I am considering getting it. Has Boyds done any custom work for Knight rifles. That number looks awful familiar.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Dominant Buck

For the first time I'm lucky. Thumbhole stocks just are not my cup of tea. While I like the looks of them, and have shot them on the range, I just would not care for one. Especially for the extra cost involved. Of course, if I had one I would probably change my tune real fast.

That is a pretty rifle. I think you should buy that. Just don't let the wife see it..
Old 11-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have yet to hold - then shoulder a T/C thumbhole that feels comfortable. Not my cup of tea either.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:12 PM

To each his/her own... I find my t-hole encore an almost perfect fit for me. Other guns tend to be too "long" for me, especially in the grip area.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe I won't go for the thumbhole. I didn't think about it in a hunting situation. Maybe just the Encore with a standard stock but with the custom laminate colors and some engraving? I like the look of the laminate verus the cookie cutter Pro hunter camo stock.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Doegirl, have you had any POI issues after dissassembling and cleaning your Encore. I have heard of some of these issues with some Encores. I have been thinking about one of these for a while. I just bought an Omega last year and even though I stole it from Wally world for $168.00+tax, It is going to be tough to justify another gun to the better half. I haven't even got it dialed in yet. Maybe for my birthday next year!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Boyds has stocks for near anything firearm related so probably although I have never looked into anything for a knight to be honest.

I also don't like thumbholes.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found one of the TC LH receivers and ordered it. Gunstocks Inc. also makes a left hand thumbhole. Buckskin does a left hand thumbhole for Knight rifles. Mine is on order and should be here any day now. I will post pictures(if I can figure out how to do it) when I recieve it. I ordered it with exhibition grade wood, so I hope it comes out nice. I also ordered a left hand thumbhole from Richard's Microfit Stocks for a right handed 112, it shipped last Friday, but this is a BP site and I do not think I should post the picture here.

Quick Reply: Check This Out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.