I need to go check my blood pressure!!!! http://www.tcarms.com/customShop/images/customEncoreLarge.jpg I think I am in love. A left handed thumbhole stock. I thought they were like..." />

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Check This Out!

Old 11-04-2006, 10:05 PM

Default RE: Check This Out!

ORIGINAL: yakfisher

Doegirl, have you had any POI issues after dissassembling and cleaning your Encore. I have heard of some of these issues with some Encores. I have been thinking about one of these for a while. I just bought an Omega last year and even though I stole it from Wally world for $168.00+tax, It is going to be tough to justify another gun to the better half. I haven't even got it dialed in yet. Maybe for my birthday next year!!!
No. About the only thing "special" I do is to make sure that I can slide a dollar bill in between the forend and barrel to the first screw. Some people do resort to oversize hinge pins and even cutting off the QLA. In all likelihood you'll need to do neither. I wouldn't let the issue dissuade you from getting the gun. I did have the trigger pull lightened to 2.5# and stronger hammer springs installed.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

Yah, I have heard a lot of really satisfied people with Encores out there. It just takes a little patience a lot of times to find the right combo that works with a particular gun. Thanks for the info. Looks like a real good pssibility for next years birthday!!
Old 11-05-2006, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Here's a nice looking Omega with a laminate stock:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1747856

I have an original Encore with the black synthetic stock that I've been think about upgrading. I think I'll have a laminate stock on my X-Mas list!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Yah, I am actually thinking about buying that stock from TC and putting it on my Omega Z5. I think the cost was $146.00+Shipping. I know it will be heavier, but I have always been partial to wood. I am probably going to order it after the season is finished.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: pipecrew

Here's a nice looking Omega with a laminate stock:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1747856

I have an original Encore with the black synthetic stock that I've been think about upgrading. I think I'll have a laminate stock on my X-Mas list!
I just read this referenced post and the stock has a raised cheeck piece for right handers. Being a lefty that puts me out of buying one. Back to the custom stocks. Oh well.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yah, I am actually thinking about buying that stock from TC and putting it on my Omega Z5. I think the cost was $146.00+Shipping. I know it will be heavier, but I have always been partial to wood. I am probably going to order it after the season is finished.
That's the same wood stock as mine. It gives the ML more balance - plus tames recoil with a straight push back at ignition-versus the hollow, lightersynthetic thatpushes sideways too. Plus if a branchsnaps atit, it won't yelp-out a clang.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

That's the same wood stock as mine. It gives the ML more balance - plus tames recoil with a straight push back at ignition-versus the hollow, lightersynthetic thatpushes sideways too. Plus if a branchsnaps atit, it won't yelp-out a clang.

Triple Se7en, is it an ambidextrous stock? In all of the pics, I can't see what the left side of the stock looks like. Is it straight on both sides? The grey liminate was what I originally was going to buy until I came accross the deal on the Z5 atWalmart. Couldn't pass it up for $168.00.You are right about the stock pushing sideways. I believe that is the reason I kept getting popped in the eyebrow almost every time I shot it. It caused me to buy a longer eye relief scope to put on the gun. I haven't shot it with the new scope yet. We will see. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

For the first time I'm lucky. Thumbhole stocks just are not my cup of tea. While I like the looks of them, and have shot them on the range, I just would not care for one. Especially for the extra cost involved. Of course, if I had one I would probably change my tune real fast.

That is a pretty rifle. I think you should buy that. Just don't let the wife see it..
Ditto!