Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Decision

Old 10-31-2006, 06:33 PM

Default TC Decision

I got clearence from the wife to get the new Pro Hunter, but it's now been on order for about 3 weeks. Hunting season is almost here. I could just go with the TC Encore that's in stock & forget about the Pro Hunter. I want a gun that can reach out to 200 yrds if I need it & it sounds like the Pro Hunter is a better long range gun. Any recomendations?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: TC Decision

They both are the same rifle the Pro Hunter just has some nice features added to it. They will shoot the same all day.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

They are both capable out to 200 yards. I have an original Encore and have been thinking over the new ProHunter. The Prohunter is the improved version of the original Encore. The stock, barrel, swing hammer, and breech plug have all been improved.
It's a tough call with the season fastly approaching. I called a gun shop in the Albany, NY area the other day and they had quite a few in stock, which surprised me. I would either try to locate a ProHunter elsewhere or wait to get the one you have ordered. You're most likely going to be shooting 150 grains of powder, the new stock helps cut down on the recoil.
I'm in the opposite situation as you. I've located a ProHunter in stock, I just have been able to get the clearance from the wife!!!![:@]
Hope you find one. If you decide to go with a regular Encore you'll save a little money. The original Encores are great guns, either way you'll be happy with it.

Mike
Old 11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Spike

Here's a suggestion to help getting clearance from the warden, uhh I mean our wives. I have a good friendship with the local dealers so I put a little down every week or so on what I want, When it's paid for I tell them when to call and leave a message that I have won a gun, bow, whatever. Works every time and she thinks I'm the luckiest guy around. (I win alot). Hey it's like this if you put your family first and you pay the bills on time what's the difference? D.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: swisslake

I got clearence from the wife to get the new Pro Hunter, but it's now been on order for about 3 weeks. Hunting season is almost here. I could just go with the TC Encore that's in stock & forget about the Pro Hunter. I want a gun that can reach out to 200 yrds if I need it & it sounds like the Pro Hunter is a better long range gun. Any recomendations?
http://www.impactguns.com/store/090161030602.html

http://www.ctico.com/tc.htm

http://www.thegunsource.com/shopping_viewproduct.aspx?idproduct=60479