Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Encore Problems (3 days to solve) HELP!

Old 10-26-2006, 04:47 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Encore Problems (3 days to solve) HELP!

You know when 777 came out it used to foul the No.11 nipples so bad, I would get hang fires. Since then I refused to use it with No. 11's. But got 209's, and never had the problem again. Alot of folks had fouling issues in the beginning. I wonder if its was just the first batch.

I would toss those presoaked patches. If you got a hang fire on first shot, after you cleaned, you got oil or some other issue. 209 primer is too powerful already. Another thing, 777 pellets soak up moisture like a sponge. And I ahve seen some guys at the range have problems. I stored my pellets in the box it came in but in a vaccum type bag.

I bet the pellets are your issue. Make sure you keep them out of moisture at the range.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Encore Problems (3 days to solve) HELP!

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

for the life of me I don't understand all this cleaning, I shoot mine dozens of times a year and I clean it, before season and after its over, accuracy isn't effected and my POI remains the same.
RR
I feel the same way you do. All that cleaning is crazy. Its a gun not a dinner plate. I have been shooting my gun like you and my barrel is like it was when I bought the gun new.Although I don't put the gun away dirty I don't have to swab the bore every 3 shots neither.