Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Is Hpmuzzleloading trying to take over this sight?

Old 10-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Is Hpmuzzleloading trying to take over this sight?

Just saying I am not to pleased with how one of our members is answering people's general questions. PM's to general questions do not help anyone on the forum and I question the person doing it as to what their motive is?

If it has anything to do with the new fight over traditional and modern guns let that be aired in the forum. Please don't just hide behind PM's.

The first post on many new threads being "PM sent" tells me that person is steering traffic to another site and I feel that is very wrong an unethical.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is Hpmuzzleloading trying to take over this sight?

Maybe he got tired of being corrected when he did not get it right.Lee
Old 10-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

PM sent your way Pittsburghunter.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

LOL!!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

PBH

I really do not think it is an effort to move people to HPM, but I do agree it defeats the purpose of the forum to PM rather than share.

Old 10-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

In support of the PM usage. There are times where the answers or additional information that is being sent is either off subject or too controversial for general forum posting. Sometimes the sender feels that less problem will be caused and possibly avoid a long and drawn out argument over something that can be ended with one PM to the other person. I also agree that it sometimes makes me curious as to what was said but that is just human curiousity working overtime.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

"Is Hpmuzzleloading trying to take over this sight?"

What does PM's have to do with HPMling? If your complaint is PM's... complain about the PM's. Instead of throwing another incendiary...
Old 10-19-2006, 10:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Pittsburghunter
The first post on many new threads being "PM sent" tells me that person is steering traffic to another site and I feel that is very wrong an unethical.
It's just a poor attempt to make a point. Hopefully it continues.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Pittsburghunter

Just saying I am not to pleased with how one of our members is answering people's general questions. PM's to general questions do not help anyone on the forum and I question the person doing it as to what their motive is?

If it has anything to do with the new fight over traditional and modern guns let that be aired in the forum. Please don't just hide behind PM's.

He's pouting.

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

Incredible! As a result, I will only reply to posts here at Hunting.net via the personal message system from now on. I'll let all the two year-olds like cascadedad, Wolfhound and Frontier Gander teach the ones that need ML help here publically. I'll then correct their teaching mistakes thru the private messaging system here-only.

See Ya folks!
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...11&mpage=2

Old 10-20-2006, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Patrick you are correct... he is pouting. There is no need to post he sent a pm... if he is going to do it that way he should just do it and stop trying to aggravate others. I do wish he would stop though... it is kind of hard to counteract wrong thinking or advice if you don't know what it is. Not saying that all the advice is wrong...

Quick Reply: Is Hpmuzzleloading trying to take over this sight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.