Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Clearing a Double Charge

Old 10-17-2006, 01:45 PM

Default RE: Clearing a Double Charge

Well, it worked. I drilled out the sabot from the rear - into the the bullet itself - and pulled the bottom round out. I was then able to push the top bullet/charge out through the breech. WD-40 really seemed to help get things moving.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:27 PM

One other little item worth noting: even after spraying a 1/4 can of WD-40 down the barrel and letting it soak overnight, it was unable to penetrate the seal of the sabot and kill the powder charge. Apparently, the seal of a T/C Shockwave sabot isvery tight.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:50 PM

I have double charged at leasttwice with inlines. May have done it one other time as the recoil was horrendous.Both times Itook the breech plug out, removed the pellets and put in 50 grains of granular Pyrodex, put the plug back in, primed and fired it.It goes off with asubduedcrackand everything comes out the muzzle. The second charge did not light off either time. Once I put two holes in my 50 yard target.