Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Much thanks to Cayugad and others!

Old 10-07-2006, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Much thanks to Cayugad and others!

Been awhile since I been here. Hit the ground running after getting back from Iraq. So much to do before hunting season and so little time. Well anyway, I had asked advice about my Knight MK85. Was ready to pitch it in the river. However, after some good advice, a conversion kit for 209 primers, a new scope, bore sight and a trip to the range yesterday. Wham! Right on paper the first time, few wrong adjusts, hey been awhile--lol, and I was right where I wanted to be. Wow, what a difference a little advice can make and cleaning between shots. I used the mixture of alcohol and windshield cleaner. At first, it was every two shots just to see. But then after every shot. All I can say, is the deer better tip toe around me this year!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 10:24 AM

Default RE: Much thanks to Cayugad and others!

Good luck - and thank you for your service to our country. Roskoe
Old 10-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Much thanks to Cayugad and others!

Best of luck with the MK85.. it has to be one of the best rifles on the market Knight ever made. Those things were tuff as nails and just seemed to be shooters. I have a friend that bought one the first year they came out and he still shoots it and laughs at all the new design rifles that have flooded the market. He loads 90 grains of Goex and a sabot and punches a hole through anything that dare comes near...

Glad you made it home safe and sound.. good luck deer hunting!!!