Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ

Old 09-25-2006, 09:31 PM

Default the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ

After hearing this story about TC's FULL LIFETIME AND TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY, i went to TC's website and looked through the questions list and here is what ive found.
3: Does Thompson/Center Arms really have a lifetime warranty?
Yes, our limited lifetime warranty covers the product through the lifetime of the original purchaser, except in the case of obvious abuse or neglect.

Sounds like CVA's warranty and everyone elses warranty to me. LIMITED LIFETIME and NON transferable. And if you try accusing me of making that up, heres the website. I knew that TC warranty someone has been spreading was total hog piss!

http://www.tcarms.com/TC_HTML/TC_FAQ01.htm#2
Old 09-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ

You seem to believe what you want ... so believe what you read if you want!

Do you really think inline guru Randy Wakeman is intentionally lying in his two T/C ML reviews????

All that is-is wording protection to allow T/C Inc the right to deny claims to dealers and gunsmiths who apply for hundreds of claims.

For the everyday-Joe who owns a couple of T/C MLs & is not in a buy & sell program.... those words do not apply.

Will T/C Inc admit something like that in a phone conversation -- No. But all you need to do is ask the T/C owners who are eligible for warranty work for the entire lifetime of their ML. They will tell you T/C fixes or replaces parts free... even 20 years later.

The best part of T/C's warranty is replacing parts that are not broke - but only wore-out. Go ahead & shoot those Omegas one hundred thousand times & wear-out that barrel. T/C will replace it free.

Will they tell you that by phone?.... I seriously doubt it.

Try that with CVA. Try getting any part free for that CVA in 20 years. What you will hear is -- Limited Warranty - Claim Denied!

Keep Your Powder Dry Folks
. . . . . . . Joe [/i]

Old 09-25-2006, 11:11 PM

You'd say anything for free products and sponsorers, and i only read one review of his on the x-150. I never heard of the name before i did a search on the x-150and ran across it. No disrespect to him of course, but the thing is. Its LIMITED warranty.. does not say ANYWHERE on TC's website about it being transferable with the same warranty. TC is more than likely like cva when i delt with them, didnt ask questions, they just took it and replaced what they couldnt fix. I came out ahead in that deal with cva, a broken rifle made in 1987 for a new staghorn magnum
Old 09-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

You'd say anything for free products and sponsorers, and i only read one review of his on the x-150. I never heard of the name before i did a search on the x-150and ran across it. No disrespect to him of course, but the thing is. Its LIMITED warranty.. does not say ANYWHERE on TC's website about it being transferable with the same warranty. TC is more than likely like cva when i delt with them, didnt ask questions, they just took it and replaced what they couldnt fix. I came out ahead in that deal with cva, a broken rifle made in 1987 for a new staghorn magnum
I was writing my edited post at the same time you wrote yours. Read mine again!

. . . . . . . Joe [/i]

Old 09-25-2006, 11:43 PM

Now i see why you are so set on TC having a lifetime warranty, i was reading randy wakemans review of the winchester x-150 and he says it comes with a lifetime warranty. heres what i found on his website: The X-150 gets high marks for the excellent rubbery stock / palm swell / recoil pad and quick release bolt, good hunting accuracy, decent trigger, thoughtful ramrod, and easy-loading, but somewhat lower marks for its hard-to-cap breech plug, and skimpy manual. The X-150 features a lifetime warranty.

He forgot the word " limited" lifetime warranty. Says limited lifetime warranty in my manual. The reason they say limited is exactly what you said " try replacing that barrel in 20 years" The omega wont be here in 20 years. there for they will more than likely stop production of the barrels and other parts and thats where places like green mountain come in and start producing new barrels like they do for the old TC and some cva's. Thats why i got a new rifle from cva, they no longer make the cva blazer and have no replacement parts due to it being old and out of date, so they sent me a staghorn. Oh wait the omega is a god send, here if you dont believe me, Try getting replacement parts from tc for the tc patriot pistol.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

You seem to believe what you want ... so believe what you read if you want!
If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Guru" Randy Wakeman?
In his own mind maybe.
Careful - may be catching.

Your milage may very greatly with an unwritten, unadmitted "warrenty"

Steve
Old 09-26-2006, 06:53 AM

Well, I have no agenda or financial ties to anything except my job...I've been a TC customer for 15+ years andhave ahouseful of TC Hawkens, all calibers, caplock,flintlock, some Hawken Cougars, etc.
Except for one,every Hawken Ihave wasbought used yetTC hasstill replaced a few complete Flint lock assemblies, two Hawken stocks which developed cracks, and a variety of odds & ends parts for locks that wore out...all at no charge under the lifetime warranty.

In one instance 10-12 years ago I even told them that I had boughtone of those special run Cougarsused at a gun showbut they cheerfully replacedthe Cougar's presentation grade stock assembly at no charge due to a tiny crack that was starting...including all the new furniture that was mounted on the stock...easily a $400retail price for that special presentation grade Cougar stock.

Triple seven is correct,there is no question what so ever that TC's lifetime warranty / serviceis second to none.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank You Roundball!

One must be a T/C owner that's used their warranty service several times over the yearsto see the night & day difference between T/C and CVA. I have no qualms with the way T/C words their warranty "openly" to protect themselves against a percentage of dealers, gunsmiths and rival ML- manufacturer management-typeswho would abuse the system enough - to driveT/C to bankruptcy.

I have used T/C warranty services several times. I even get returned MLs with added replacements sometimes. If they find an unrelated problem with your ML upon inspection, they will fix that too -- with an attached explanation of the problem inside the shipped box.

The owner-transferable, full-lifetime warranty remains in effect for the general public purchaser. It covers both new T/Cs and used T/C purchases. I may need to reword my posts to include the underlying service T/C provides - when addressing posters seeking new & used MLs in the future here.

[size=2]
. . . . . . . Joe [/i]

Old 09-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

"Guru" Randy Wakeman?
In his own mind maybe.
Careful - may be catching.

Your milage may very greatly with an unwritten, unadmitted "warrenty"
Lets see... another CVA owner with issues with Randy!
Please -- tell us something where you are correct& Randy is flat-out wrong. Or....Tell us something Randy errred on concerning blackpowder inlines??

Please.... tell us something to backup your statement.
Just don't tell us his reviews are his own opinions/findings -- because most of us already know that.
============

Also..... it's wonderful having an unwritten, unadmitted warranty like T/C has. But you need to join the T/C Club TO ENJOY THE BENEFITS.It allows for 100% free repairs for lifetime of the ML - where T/C finds either product fault or total product wear. There's no other ML manufacturer - no other centerfire manufacturer that offers this. Just don't ask T/C to fix your rival Powerbelt accuracy woes in that T/C-- don't ask T/C to restore lost accuracy in a situation of either owner neglect or mistreatment of the ML.

I've read approsimently 1000 posts over the past five years of outstanding service. I read approximently a half-dozen warranty denials for various reasons.Name another ML manufacturer that comes close to those percentages?..... OK... name another ML manufacturer that will admit they fixed 50% of their aged MLs absolutely free..... OK.... then name one that fixed 25%......... get my drift here!

[size=2]
. . . . . . . Joe [/i]

Quick Reply: the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.