Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ

Old 09-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ

I own 3 T/C products and am very happy with them. I bought my Encore from a buddy of mine. He sent it in to have them check the hammer assembly. The fixed it and returned it pretty quickly. I just sent a 243 barrel back to them a few weeks ago. They sent me a postcard saying they received it and gave me an repair #. I called about 4 weeks later to see what the average repair time was and the woman told me about 6 weeks, which I don't think is too bad right before hunting season. I traded a guy for this barrel and knew it needed to be repaired before I traded for it. I knew they would fix it for free. I have had good experiences with their customer service. I agree that the best warranty is one you don't have to use. But it's nice to know for the cost of shipping something one way to T/C you are going to have your repair needs taken care of. That's still a lot cheaper than taking something to a gunsmith. I haven't had issues with the hinge pins on my Encore but I think T/C should have been able to fix this problem by now.
I am not the type of guy to bash other brands just because I have T/C's. I have only owned T/C muzzleloaders. I hunt with guys who use CVA's and Knights and theykill just as many deer as I do. I haven't heard them complain about their guns either. I chose T/C's because one of my ex-girlfriends father used to take me with him to the range all the time. His pride and joy was a T/C Contender. It didn't matter what barrel he had on the frame, they all were extremely accurate. He had the same results with T/C's muzzleloaders. Had he been shooting a CVA or a Knight or something else I probably would own one today. Bottom line is with practice and finding the right load/bullet for the right gun they all should shoot well and kill deer or whatever you're hunting. Today with so many choices in muzzlelaoders, bullets, powders, and optics we are extremely spoiled compared to our choices 20 years ago.

Anyway, Happy Hunting.
Mike

Old 09-28-2006, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

Look all you non TC owners just buy one and you will know what the rest of us are talking about. A great american company helping to keep americans working and making the best product there is.
That says a lot right there. Pipecrew's post was excellent also.

My son and I have White Ultra-Mags that I bought this year for hunting in Washington State. I also bought one for my dad to use in Oregon. While shootingmy dad's gun prior to taking it to him, I did something stupid and broke the trigger assembly. Let me tell you, I wish I had T/C's customer service to go to. I finally was able to buy a brand new trigger assembly from Doc, but I was beginning to wonder for awhile. I wouldn't trade the White's for anything, but I realize I could have problems in the future.

I hope to purchase a traditional rifle next year sometime and because of the overwhelmingly positive reports about T/C, I am sure that is what I will buy.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:49 PM

first off i never mentioned anything about TC not working out something with their customers. Im just sick of seeing some1 advertising that TC has a LIFETIME warranty and a transferable warranty when i have found zip about it. Now i do belive tc will replace or fix something thats wrong with the persons rifle no matter if they are the first or 20th owner. Cva and traditions have done the same in the past for me. Ive owned a TC renegade for a few years, theres nothing special about it honestly. Actually i sold it and bought the traditions kentucky. But the point is, dont advertise something thats not even on the TC website. It may be on someone elses website that ive found but i also found other things wrong on that guys website.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you think a traditions kentucky can hold a candle to a renegade theres something fishy to me. i dont care if its a written warranty or not. thompson center has always fixed and retuned my guns for free as well as given me ammo advice. with the cost of fuel today i dont know how they stay in business. for instance the last gun i bought used and they replaced the trigger action and hammer for FREE. just because i wasnt happy with the feel of the trigger. as with anything a polite phone call can do wonders. i have found cva and thompson center fine companies to deal with. my brother owns a couple older discontinued models and they told me any problems including finish just send it in. it doesnt get any better than that! to me a traditions is like a moped. there fun to ride till your friends see you on it just kidding
Old 10-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pay no mind to Mr. Gander liquidorange! Until he actually deals with T/C Inc repeatedly, he hasn't a clue. I have dealt with both Traditions and T/C many times. They are like night& day. Mr. Gander caught Traditions Inc on a good, forgiving day. Both times I dealt with them, I was denied free service. One time it was for a $2 bolster screw that Traditions would not send me without a bank check or credit card number for purchase -- the other time was to remove a spot of leftover stain on my brass patch box that I received new. They told me to buy my own stain remover- then apply it myself. They said that would be cheaper than paying for my one-way Fed-Ex gun/insuranceshipping of approximently $16 -- which they would not reimburse me on.

What a way to do business! Geez O' Pete!

I have the next level up to the Traditions Kentucky that's called the Shenandoah. Also have a couple of T/C Renegades. Anyone with knowledge of guns can see the component-difference visually from stock quality, sights qualityto barrel quality -- can see/feel the pull/trigger difference upon firing -- can see the difference in the number of bullet accuracy optionsbothmakeshave used-- can see the difference visiting auction sites to appraise the used ML values of each brand name--candecipher when when one company saysthey will fix the problem for free & the other says they won't without attaching my checkbook bank check or credit card.

I am still the owner of four Traditions Rifles from earlier years-- but have purchased three T/Cs since.

Why?...... because of value - because of T/C's forever warranty -- becausae of common sense -- because of safety concerns.

Mr. Gander is still young & inexperienced with these companies. He will have a different outlook as he ages -- as he gains the ML experience that posters like myself, Cayugad & others have.

Nothing wrong with a greenhorn ... just the lack of experiences associated with young age. I've been handling guns since the Vietnam era. Mr. Gander has some "decades" catching up to do first - before he starts second-guessing virtues of Gun warranties.

Thompson Center Arms -- Triple Se7en Powder -- Buffalo Bullet Co.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:33 AM

I'll have to say, one thing about the T/C warranties on both my omega and hawken; you don't have to use them [8D]And when I do, I can be confident that T/C will work with me.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:34 PM

Pay no mind to Mr. Gander liquidorange! Until he actually deals with T/C Inc repeatedly, he hasn't a clue.

If i were to buy a TC... are you saying i would have to deal with TC repeatedly for repairs? And yes to the other guy, That kentucky out shoots that renegade i had. The guy that bought the renegade, loves it. I just wanted a flintlock. As for sight quailty, How picky can you get with a steel sight and a brass front blade? Ive actually come to prefer the old style sights. But yes, the kentucky has truely been enjoyable since the first day i bought it. I will admit that i had traditions send me a new Frizzen, but after reading that leather can cause the flint to skip and bounce and break the flint, i hammered down a round ball and wrapped the flint in lead and had zero problems lol. Atleast i got a spare frizzen for later down the road. Traditions also sent me a new ramrod free after i accidently broke mine while trying to load a home made ball. Broke that one to [:@].. After that i've learned my lesson and will only buy speer or hornady balls from the store lol. Home made are fine for shooting as long as you have a non breakable ramrod, but i'll spend the $9.99 on store bought when hunting season comes around the corner. And a greenhorn? ive been muzzleloading for 7 years now, How many more years untill i become a pro like you triple? Now triple, I wouldnt exactly call myself a green horn, I mean an inline muzzleloader does take a genius to figure out how it works. Ive taught myself since i bought my first muzzleloader when i was 14. That was WAYYYYY b4 i had the internet and could look this stuff up. And as for warrantys, i'll agree with a poster that said the best warranty is the one you never have to use. Difference in stocks... we'll you got me there, That renegade originally had a really dull almost fake wood looking red stock finish. Ugliest finish ive ever seen besides on cva's older rifles that were done in an almost orange fashion. Now my kentucky had a really nice finish untill i got done after this seasons hunt .. Ah well, i got it stripped and im redoing the stock in a dark chocolate color and finished with boiled linseed oil and bees wax. Also wanting to "grey" the barrel but cant find any info on how to do it. Someone said bleach but im looking into that b4 i even think of using it lol. Now if you wanna talk real toys, my toys are under the hoods of my cars. Muzzleloading is just my favorite type of hunting weapon. Motors are my passion. Ever feel the torque of a 1970 buick GS 455 stage 1? oooooh baby1 nothing like 510ft lbs torque at a meer 2800rpm! Ah well, a 455 will have to wait untill i can afford a nicely built one. I'll stick with my 350 buick i started on a couple weeks ago.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:23 PM

About four years ago I bought a T/C Hawken in a Pawn Shop. I found out latter that it had a broken sear. I called T/C about a new one and an owners manual. And the man asked for my address and said that he would send me a new sear and manual for free. Can't get muchbetter than that.

Robert
Old 10-24-2006, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I currently own 13 T/C firearms. Twelve muzzleloaders and one Contender. I recieved the first one as a Xmas gift when I was 15 yrs old ( a long time ago). I have dealt with T/C on a number of matters albeit repair work or general info numerous times. I have NEVER had a problem with them, even on repair work on guns I bought used. For my money...you can't beat their quality and service. I will remain aloyal customer until the day I die. Not to mention the fact that their out of the box guns are some of the best shooters money can buy. 'Nuff said........BPS
Old 10-25-2006, 03:16 PM

OMG...I still can't believe this dead horse is still getting a beating.

Quick Reply: the TRUTH about TC's warranty! MUST READ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.