Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Another powerbelt question

Old 09-19-2006, 08:20 AM

Default RE: Another powerbelt question

My friend shoots Powerbelts with his ML, and yes I miked three of his, the resultsdidnt come out the same as Chaz, but with the attitude you gave Tripleseven I dont want to post what I found, you will just give me a hard way to go.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

The bottom line here guys is we have to read the posts and try to stay on subject. Sometimes in the desire to help we get a little off subject (sort of like Tripple Seven did). The requester should understand that this might happen and the response was totally uncalled for. If you don't get what you want the first time ask again (NICELY) and you will get the help. Lets all continue to be a happy helpful group. I have gotten tons of valuable information from this site and others with basically the same guys. Lets not ruin a good thing with sharp comments. And to get back on subject. I am sorry; but I only have .50cal. Powerbelts so I can't help either.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:12 AM

Welcome to the club Maniac. Triple 7's called more people names on this board and turned more threads south than all others combined. If any of you doubt that, go back and do a little reading of the history, it is all right here. Many of his posts make absolutely no sense and have absolutely nothing to do with the question the person asked. One of the important etiquette rules on these boards is to stay on topic with the original question from the poster. It is the poster's thread. If you want to make a point about something else, start your own thread.

Here we go again, Maniac, NumNutz. Personally, he has called me misinformed and a liar, but I just consider the source. Oh yea, he also called me Grumpy Dad. That really hurt.

Signed,
Grumpy Dad
Old 09-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

I would like to apologize if i offended anyone other Triple Sev7en. I've just had enough of his montrous ego. I mean you do have to have a big head to be able to use a Trademarked name as your personal screen name. And he really does know everything, just ask him. A true legend in his own mind. Hey Trip, to quote Numnutz, byte me!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:42 PM

My friend with a 45 is the one who has shot these, I shoot a 50 Cal Omega.

We measured three bullets, he had shot all the others so thiscould be an innacurate sampling.On the micrometer we got readings of .449, .449, and .446 ( I called him and asked to make sure I remebered this correctly).

I was just getting interested in MLs at the time so it seemed a lot of difference in bullets to me, but my friend argued that.003 is a pretty small difference that could be caused by any number of things.

I guess it all comes from your point of view,we did not check the plastic at all because of its softness we just figured it would deform to the lands and grooves.

He stated that in that one package ofPowerbelts he thought there were twodifferent sizes in the same package because of the pressure required to load them. When I called him he also said he hasnt seen another package like that one since, the last several he used all seemed more consistent.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

at this point all I can say is get a mic.
chaz3815
Old 09-20-2006, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

You would think that with a difference of .003 you are definately going to have some accuracy issues. I'm going to order a micrometer today, that way i can sort through my bullets and toss out the ones with most deviation.

The reason i asked about diameter of the bullet and then actually about the gas seal was because a friend wants to shoot all lead conicals. He didn't want to have to slug the barrel because it wouldn't do him any good without owning a micrometer to measure the slug, but he said that the powerbelts load really nice. Not too easy and not to hard, so he figured if we could ask someone the diameter of the Powerbelts/gas sealhe could order the lead conicals sized to that same diameter.

You know it would make sense for CVA to package the Powerbelts with a different size gas seal for those of us that have a larger bore.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why do you think you need a mic? Anyone who shoots and handloads needs calipers, they are much more flexible and user friendly....as far as the tolerance issues I do not think you will be able to see much of a difference with a 3 thou variance on a "skirt" that will expand to the barrel walls upon introduction to heat and pressure....plastic is very flexible in this application and will essentially mold to what it needs to be, especially in the form of a powerbelt skirt.....my 2 cents.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the sugestion on calipers.

Again, the bullet I have in my hand fits the bore of his rifle nicely, that is why we want to find out the diameter. We can then order all lead conicals sized to the same diameter. If the fit is too loose there is always the possibility of the bullet slipping off the powder charge.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will take my calipers home and measure tonight....

Quick Reply: Another powerbelt question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.