Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

removed the quick load apparatus

Old 08-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: removed the quick load apparatus

ORIGINAL: cataway

i been shooting 100 yd. i really dont care what th group size is at 25 or 50 yds. its more of a high low thing at them yardages .but that will come in to the mix.
I don't think I went as high as 90 grains when I tested the 370s. My records say there was leading in the bore using 85 grains 777.

Glad you got the conical issues resolved. Just be sure to not send the entire rifle to T/C Inc. for repairs -- because they will deny you warranty coverage for removing the QLA.

So if have issues with the trigger assembly or thefiring pin on breechplug door, just send those assemblies & nothing more for free repairs and/or replacements.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: removed the quick load apparatus

I've been using the all vegetable 1/16th thick wad from Track of the Wolf. I really like them and I think I will stick with them. I've also made my own felt wads and they work good also... You might try a 15-20 grain cornmeal buffer between the powder and the conical just for fun. It might also really tighten up your groups.