Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New "Z5" at my local Walmart.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default New "Z5" at my local Walmart.

OK folks here we go again last year we were served up the Z5 with really no explanation from TC till after they were being sold like hotcakes for around $200 less that the regular Omegas at our local gun shops.

So today I am at the Gilford NH Walmart and they have a Z5 with a thumbhole stock for $298 It is composite like the other Z5 rifles I did not check it out to see if it was omnidexterious but just had to shake my head and laugh again that us T/C fans are blind sided again.

I visit Fox Ridge all the time and never have seen one of these rifles. I go to T/C's website and have not seen one.

So here is a heads up to you hold outs that didn't get a Z5 last year when the season ended you have another chance later this fall.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New "Z5" at my local Walmart.

Pittsburghunter,we have that one too,and the thumbhole for the same price! I had musterd enough courage up to resist another Z5 but if that thumbhole model gets done to $160 like the one I bought last year i will have 15 mz loaders instead of 14. Lee
Old 08-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New "Z5" at my local Walmart.

It sounds like they will do about anything to make a sale... The thumbhole model while being nice I am sure is still not something that will draw my muzzleloading dollar. I guess an Omega just does not appeal to me anymore. Besides, I need another muzzle loader like a hole in the head..

Still I am sure it will draw some interest from the black powder community and make good sales for Thompson Center.