Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Grafs powder

Old 08-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Grafs powder

Has anyone tried this powder? What do you think of it vs Goex? Is it any cleaner? Is the powder stronger or about the same?

Old 08-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Grafs powder

Supposedly it's identical to Schuetzen -- from tests conducted by a couple of members on another MLmessageboard -- even packaged at the Schuetzen facility.

I retired my Goex after trying this stuff. It's slightly cleaner & the fouling is softer. Shoots relatively the same to Goex.The Schuetzenshot one inch higher on average at 50 yards in a five shot power comparison.

I'm trying some Swiss this weekend... weather permitting.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Grafs powder

Graf powder from my understanding is made by Wano Powder Company. Produced in Germany.
I was going to purchase some from Graf but I wanted other powders as well and when they explained there would be separate hazmat fees because some of the powder comes from a different supplier, I told them I was not interested.

Some day I will get about 10 pound of it just to try. If you happen to get some, I would be very interested in your observations and how well the powder worked for you...