Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington MZ

Old 08-05-2006, 09:47 PM

Default Remington MZ

Anybody got a scoped remington? I want to buy one but it seems that flip upfireing pinon the back would cause you to have to mount a scope too high for my taste.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:15 PM

Default RE: Remington MZ

Anybody?
Old 08-10-2006, 04:24 AM

ideaman, i've got a remington m700 with a 3x9x32 scope mounted on it. i first mounted it on see thru rings but it was too high so i bought regular rings and put them on. i like it a lot. it is very close with the bolt handle but it does clear just fine. that is a great rifle. i don't understand why they discontinued it. i hear a lot of people complaining about cleaning them but i don't think it could be any easier. i can clean it in less than half the time it took me to clean my old cva sidelock.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: racinjunky

ideaman, i've got a remington m700 with a 3x9x32 scope mounted on it. i first mounted it on see thru rings but it was too high so i bought regular rings and put them on. i like it a lot. it is very close with the bolt handle but it does clear just fine. that is a great rifle. i don't understand why they discontinued it. i hear a lot of people complaining about cleaning them but i don't think it could be any easier. i can clean it in less than half the time it took me to clean my old cva sidelock.
Huh????

You do know that the "not-so-easily-removable" bolt assembly must come out after every range visit to avoid corrosion & possible rust endangerment..... don't you???

You are aware of what the bottom of the scope looks like after those range visits.... aren't you?????

Even my very popular & very consumer-friendly fall-action Omega is not as easy to clean as my percussion sidelocks.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe he is infering to the "torch cam" of the new Genesis Rem ML...not the older version 700ml????

If so I believe you have reason to worry as that is what I have read about this new ML. Also heard it is a spanish import and branded by rem. I have a rem 700 ml and been really pleased with it's service. I do think the bolt design is a flaw, as it must be cleaned regularily by completely disassembling but other then that it always seemed like a pretty easy cleaner to me.

Sorry I have no first hand knowledge of the Genesis to give forth just hersay and what I took from the release info. I can say I have no interest in this new ML from Remington.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:38 PM

sorry not to be clearer, yes I did mean the new Genisis. I had read an article that suggested there might be scope mount problems and looking at pictures, as well as the Reminton Manuals I can see the possibility. I had not heard about it not being made by Remington, Spanish made.

The Spanish connection is one of the things that turned me off of CVA and Traditions.

I will try to research more, anyone else with info please share.