Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A big thumbs up to CVA customer service.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default A big thumbs up to CVA customer service.

I had a little issue with the barrel on my CVA optima since I purchased it last fall. Nothing major, just annoying. Well, a week ago this past Friday, I called CVA customer service and spoke to one of their technical people about my issue. He was very curtious and took the time to give me a few possible explanations of what could be causing my problem. He then asked me to send the barrel in for inspection by one of their staff. So, that same afternoon, I got it packaged up and shipped out. A week goes by and low and behold a package arrives on my doorstep yesterday afternoon. The folks at BPI/CVA sent me a new barrelwith an invoice that simply said "Barrel Replaced, No Charge." So, a big thanks to the guys at CVA.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: A big thumbs up to CVA customer service.

A few years ago when they had the recalls on barrels on certain Ser.#'s onmy son's"Apollo Eclipse", they sent me two replacement barrels by mistake!The rifle has a new barrel and I have another new in the box for the future.

CVA Voluntary Recall Information

CVA Recall

Old 08-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Dominant Buck

They fixed the trigger on my CVA Stalker without question. When the trigger broke a second time, they fixed it again. I have had excellent customer service with BPI except for the stock problem on one of my Traditions.. It cracked and I was told, they do not carry stocks so I should glue it.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

i am not surprized that TRADITION did not replace ur stock!!!! i have been waitting since the 22 of june for the replacement of my TRADITION PURSUIT LT ..[i bought a lemon] too many problems since day 1 ,i brought it back to the store ,and like i said i am still waiting and waiting and waiting ..
Old 08-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Spike

I have also had great service from them. I called when I broke a ramrod and the guy didnt care about the receipt, age, nothing they just sent me a new one no questions asked. I was so impressed that I bought some accesories right then and there and had them shipped together. D.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

BPI customer service has always been prompt in answering any questions I've had. The one time in needed a part from them, they sent it out right away and at no charge. No complaints here.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

it's good to hear that there are still some firearm companies that respectthey're customers ..ex ,BPI/CVA ..
Old 08-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good to hear that the folks at BPI are servicing better.

The worst high volume ML manufacturer for free service is Traditions Inc. I own three of them & I cannot even get a tiny, itsy-bitsy nipple drum cleanout screw out of them for free. A screw that's no bigger than a corn kernel or green pea is $2.50 thru them.

Talk about a tight, penny-pinchingcompany???????