Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

powerbelt

Old 07-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: powerbelt

No problems here either... I can copy, paste, and post with no issues...
Old 07-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Triple Se7en, well at least I am not the only one having these problems I was begging to think it was on my end.
The 245 shoots with 1.5 inch group accuracy out of my Omega and devistates varmits, the trajectory and the fact that it requires 150gr to shoot its best out of my gun [with 150 gr she blows on contact makes a hole in the side of a coyote or beaver you can stick your fist in] but to me it would not be smart to use some thing that blows up like that on deer,so I stick with ShockWaves for deer they can be loaded with a wide range of loads in my particular Omega and still hold an inch. Lee

Old 07-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

why wouldnt it be smart im not using the same charge you are so its not going to be as devastating
Old 07-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

I have problems with powerbelts if I use a strong wad under them,The skirt does not come off.
Redclub
Old 07-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Redclub

I have problems with powerbelts if I use a strong wad under them,The skirt does not come off.
Redclub
its not wad, i think,take the skirt off and put in back on/off a few times,then lube with say bore butter on the stem.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:46 PM

I have used them for the last two years and have shot eight deer with them I shoot A winchester APEX with 150gr 777 and it makes quite A mess when recovering bullets there is not anything left of them I shoot the 245gr .50 cal It works ok but you dont get much penitration I have not had A pass through yet. I would have A little concern about shooting A large buck with them. This year I am going to try the spitfire MZ An all copper bullet that is supposed to retain 100% of its weight. These are made by Barnes. Has any body used these bullets yet how did they work
Old 07-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bear buster

I have used them for the last two years and have shot eight deer with them I shoot A winchester APEX with 150gr 777 and it makes quite A mess when recovering bullets there is not anything left of them I shoot the 245gr .50 cal It works ok but you dont get much penitration I have not had A pass through yet. I would have A little concern about shooting A large buck with them. This year I am going to try the spitfire MZ An all copper bullet that is supposed to retain 100% of its weight. These are made by Barnes. Has any body used these bullets yet how did they work
first, i am no expert but 40 years at this. a hollow point bullet is going to blow apart if pushed at high speed.245 gr,you use, in my opinion is to light. 295 would be much better and 348 is the best,for keeping together at your speed. i use 295 gr with 80 grs of 2f in my .50cal.but 348 is better for deer,just i am hung up on 295.try the new paltimum powerbelts. i bet they will be much better in your gun.me, i dont like RECOIL and my shots are under 100 yards,295 powerbelt is what i use, i load DOWN ,not up.so, bullet does not explode, i shoot better,no flinching.many a deer was missed because of RECOIL,NOISE, SMOKE.i seen it, been there, done it, STILL see it.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Flatland Hunter

No problems here either... I can copy, paste, and post with no issues...
How do you copy or paste here Rob?

Whenever I bring-up the reply box & type a few paragraphs -- then highlight what I wrote --then right click on the mouse to bring up the vertical string of word options, the "COPY or PASTE" words are not there to use.

How do you protect (copy)your long post in that replybox -- before clicking on "OK" to send your reply??? None of the tools listed above or below the box has a copy or paste link to use.

The only way to protect what we just wrote before sending it is to compose our replyin Microsoft Word Pad orNote Padfirst -- then save it - before copying& pasting it here.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:34 AM

I'm not Rob, but you ever try a simple "ctrl-c" to copy and "ctrl-v" to paste? If not, try it.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

well i shot 245gr powerbelts hollow point on top of 110 grains of triple 7 is this the right charge (its a good groundhog killer )
I just typed a three paragraph reply to your post here that I quoted above. Somehow-someway it all vanished.

AGAIN/REPEAT.... ALL MY WORKGOT LOST in cyberspace when I clicked "OK" to send my post. This the 4th post that I lost recently at this website. Enough already!

WE CANNOTCOPY anything we type in our reply box -- in order to save itprior to gettinglost. Even when we log-on to this website, the page saysit's "DONE - BUT WITH ERRORS".

Someone here at Hunting.net needs to fix this problem A.S.A.P please. This "DONE WITH ERRORS" has been going on ever since they updated this site around a year ago. Please... if no one here knows how to fix these errors... then please hire a computer tech to finish the job you started.

I will read the posts here - but not respond anymore till I feel this problemhas been resolved.

See Ya'll soon... I hope.

I have never lost a post, I have had a couple stop when my net connections were lost and weren't there when I came back.it may be something you can check on your puter,may not be that,just an idea.best of luck in the futher

as for the power belts. I use them and have ever since they came out. the wife and I both shoot 225 grain belts with 2 50grain pyrodex pellets. many deer and hogs have fallen to this setup.only had one that I had to take a secon shot(My falt, bad hit).he was down and almost out,just finished him.
good luck with your setup. "If It Ain't Broke,Don't Fix It". [&:]

Quick Reply: powerbelt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.