Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Power Belt bullet skirts/found something new!!!

Old 07-03-2006, 11:00 PM

Default Power Belt bullet skirts/found something new!!!

I dont know if anyone has posted about this before but, I was bored again and messing with some powerbelt bullets and I started twisting the skirts off again. I noticed there is a number, it can be either a single or double digit stamped on the flat side of each skirt. I figure it may be lot numbers. I looked at 8 left out of a pack of 15 and the numbers ranged from a low of 7 to a high of 23. Only two had the same number 19 on them. Do you think if the numbers do stand for lots that the mixing of them in a pack of bullets could be the culprit to sticking skirts and the accuracy failures in some rifles. Maybe different lots may vary in thickness and diameter too. Has anyone else noticed the numbers? Anyone know if it does stand for lot number or not?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Power Belt bullet skirts/found something new!!!

ORIGINAL: AmericanPioneer

Has anyone else noticed the numbers? Anyone know if it does stand for lot number or not?
You know, I don't remember seeing numbers on the PB skirts. However, I trimmed the petals off some harvester sabots to make sub-bases, AND they had numbers. I kinda figured the numbers identify an extrusion mold. That way if they are getting unacceptable product as they package, they can determine the source of the maligned prodruct. Just my guess.

Happy Hunting, Phil
Old 07-04-2006, 12:24 AM

Might just be an identification marking of a mold. I just wonder what the tolerances are on the molds. A little variance could make a big difference in performance dont you think.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:28 AM

just go to there site and e=mail them and ask what it means.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting question. About contacting them though, I haveemialed them twice in the last month asking questions about the new platinum bullets. They have not answered me, and they don't even have any info about the new bullets. Must not spend much time with their website. You would think that as much time as it takes to develop and come out with a new product, they would have the info up on the website. May have to call them directly.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

You would think that as much time as it takes to develop and come out with a new product, they would have the info up on the website.
Info is available on their website for the new platinum series. Go under "press release" and down load the 2006 cataloge. http://www.powerbeltbullets.com/docs/PBB_2006_Catalog.pdf
Old 07-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Chris. Although, you would think that they would already have some info readily available under their "products" drop down.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:19 AM
BS

Each cavity in a plastic injection mold is numbered or identified so that any problems can be traced back to the cavity.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I would guess that BS has hit it right on the head. That way if something goes wrong, they know where to look. Let us know what you find out if you look into this more.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Although, you would think that they would already have some info readily available under their "products" drop down.
It would make it easier to find.

Quick Reply: Power Belt bullet skirts/found something new!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.