Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Whites @ the NMLRA!

Old 06-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Whites @ the NMLRA!

As suggested by UC and now apparently confirmed by surveyor

White won the NMLRA Manufacturers Championship this year!

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=93613#

But I think us guys with the new Ultra Mags would all agree with the right guy/gal pulling the trigger of a White could certainly win the contest.

Congratulations Doc White!!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NMLRA!

You betcha!

Hi Mike - you must be workin' hard. Dontcha know summer is when teachers take time off?

IM jaybe
Old 06-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

jaybe

Naw! school is done, but I have gone back to work for the Forest Service, Recreation and Trails- really tuff job but someone has got to do it. Sure helps to know where the animals are when it comes to hunting season, and what better way than being out amoung them.

It really does excite me that Whites won that thing.... Seems like Knight had it tied up for years.... I am hoping to find oput more about the gun... I sent Doc an e-mail, in fact I have sent him a couple have not heard from him for a few days maybe I know why now....

mike
Old 06-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Do we have any specifics about the contest other than the gun used? (I see that it was his new 36 cal varmint rifle)
Pictures of targets, scores - anything like that?

Old 06-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whites @ the NMLRA!

I believe, of all the in-lines I have seen, handled, and fired, the one I liked the best was a White. It belonged to a friend, and I don't recall the model. It was short & light, a .50, and made of stainless steel. This was around 1995 or so. I recall it was about the same in weight and dimensions of the later Traditions Lightning Lightweight......
Old 06-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

My understanding is..

1- White Rifles

2- A&H

3- Knight

One of the fellows that was there said the rifles used by the White team were as pictured on Doc's site (under What's New)except he thought they were at least .45 caliber. My guess is more solid info will show up inside a day or two. Now if WhiteRifles, LLC only had some good rifles in production...instead ofselling beaded jewelry.

The UltraMag is/was a real winner and should be brough back with perhaps a third stock option and at least two caliber choices in 24 and 26 inch barrels. The Elite 98 is also an exceptional rifle that needs a real manufacturer. Both designs could perhaps benefit from tapered, contouredbarrels similar to those used on the Super 91s. The company had made nothing but miscues management-wise.

This win could be a real boost if there were any rabbits left in those Utah hats.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Dominant Buck

It's a shame that the rifle design is out there able to produce and win the best of the best in shooting and the company can not get their act together well enough to produce them. I am glad I purchased a White rifle before they became a collectors rifle and real expensive. I always wanted one, the price was right, and the rifle has sure lived up to the reputation its maker Doc White claims.

Way to go White Rifles....
Old 06-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Foolish of me to have posted the remark that was here, even if it is true.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

Just don't post anything about this at Wolfhound's - they'll delete your entire thread.
Why?
Old 06-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pglasgow

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

Just don't post anything about this at Wolfhound's - they'll delete your entire thread.
Why?
Never mind. I've decided I don't want to know.

Quick Reply: Whites @ the NMLRA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.