Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

White's ultra mag on the way, now what?

Old 06-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: White's ultra mag on the way, now what?

You guys with the new UMags be sure to check your front sight insert tight. One of mine was loose.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Mine was too ,When I went to change it a slight tap sent it flying.
Redclub
Old 06-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

philnie

certainly not a hero - I am not a fancy person... My rifles are tools and in the weather and conditons I hunt in, itreally does tax them. I use to hunt with guns with really fancy wood stocksbut what seems like several 100 years ago I started converting them over to synthetics - they are not really pretty but they serve the purpose. I CERTAINLY do not abuse the guns but they are worked pretty hard in all the different types of weather we have here in northern Idaho. The have been totally drenched, frozen, carried bounced around in a scabbard or in open racks on a ATV. I have slipped with them and have had them end up on the ground. I tested that stock because I need to know will it repel water and snow - I am confident... My only concern now is how long will it be before I wear the finish off the bottom of the stock wear I carry the gun in my bare hand most often. Really do not use a sling that much - to much of a chance to miss a decent shot, especially with whitetail.

The 97 is great tool...

Old 06-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Guys,

Just found out Wholesale Hunter won't be resupplied with the Nosler 50/45 "sabot only" packs for 30 days or so ... it's been 8 days since my initial order and just couldn't wait any longer to find out order status!

Luckily Mid-South Shooters Supply has them in stock and they're $0.25 cheaper to boot. I may have cheap, lighter than the big conical projectiles in time to shoot this weekend afterall!

cheers,
phil