Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Scope deal

Old 06-01-2006, 02:48 PM

Default Scope deal

I know this probably wouldn't make a good scope for a ML, but thought I would share this with my ML buddies anyway. From what I can tell, these are now available to order and this is the introductory price.

http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/MAPV451440.html

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136298

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125530

Wish I could buy a couple, but with 2 new rifles on the way, I better wait.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Scope deal

cascadedad

Doubt very much you would find a use for this type of scope - for hunting - well I guess I should say i wouldn't... Can even vison using this on that new 17 - I am just to darn simple... give a 3x9 or even a 4x12... I do not live in Kansas, can not find much around here that is flat...
Old 06-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Dominant Buck

mueller optics does make a number of different scopes with an illuminated dot center. I thought about buying one, but I have RED DOTs on a couple rifles and a revolver, so there is no need to get one in a scope. Their price is not all that bad, but I have not heard any reports from actual users.

Now on a hunting show a couple weeks back this fellow in a cowboy hat was hunting elk. They showed the view through his scope and all his scope showed was a post with a lighted dot on the top of the pin. He made a really long shot on an elk with his rifle. Four hundred plus yards as I remember. He set that lighted dot and squeezed it off. He was out west, in the mountains, hunting with a guide in a snow storm on the last day of season. It was a pretty neat scope he had.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

cascadedad

Doubt very much you would find a use for this type of scope - for hunting - well I guess I should say i wouldn't... Can even vison using this on that new 17 - I am just to darn simple... give a 3x9 or even a 4x12... I do not live in Kansas, can not find much around here that is flat...
Guess what guys and gals, after that post.............sabotloader went and ordered one!!!!!!!! When his wife finds out, she's gonna kill him. I am gonna be there at 6:00 a.m. when she has the yard sale.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:07 PM

By the way sabotloader.

I got some heavily timbered land in the Tri Cities for sale. Lot's of mountains and even a lake. Best part about it, no wind!!!!!! You interested?
Old 06-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

cascadedad

No wind in the Tri-Cites? Hah! there is always wind - we keep getting the Tri-Cites dust all the way over here in Moscow....
Old 06-06-2006, 02:28 PM

Dang, he fell for the timber and even the lake, but I couldn't get the wind bit by him. He's a sharp one!!!!!!

Just funnin' with ya. I hope your wife doesn't find out, really.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

cascadedad

Only because you challenged me to a shoot off between your 10-22 with a 3x9 vs my new .17HRM now with a 4.5x 14.5 - and remember - I am non-competitive....

and i told Terry that also - but she does not know about the scope and just learned about the rifle....

it will not be the first yard sale she has had....
Old 06-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Guys,

You should also check out SWFA's bargain page here www.samplelist.com. There are some pretty good optics deals there including new or next to new too. My dad taught me to spend the same amount on a scope as I did on the rifle as back in those days you really had to pay to get good optics - these days we're blessed with lots of good optics choices for far less money. I have no problem putting a $150 scope on many of my rifles - including my new ML.

cheers,
phil