Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Info Found On TK2000..

Old 04-06-2006, 05:47 PM

Default New Info Found On TK2000..

I just read an article on the TK2000. It said, that you can take the choke off the TK2000, lighten the load, and use it for bird hunting. It also stated you can keep the choke off, and load it with a .69 roundball, or use a slug load. My question is "Anybody ever try any of these suggestions?" Let me know, I would be interested in the results....Thanks
Old 04-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New Info Found On TK2000..

Ihave seen the website and it is definitely a no no per Knight. I emailed Knight when I first saw it and was anxious to see ifI could shoot a roundball out of it. The rep stated no since the barrel has a jug choke design inside the barrel, located about 3-4" down in the barrel from the screw on choke. If a 69 cal ball is shot there is a chance it could get stuck for a moment that would cause a barrel rupture at the screw on choke. The website says to take out the screw in choke to shoot the ball, but Knight says no. However he did say that he heard that guys were shooting 00 buckshot with good results. The jug choke design is a section in the bore that is inlarged in diameter that acts as a double choke that restricts the shot before it enters the screw on choke which also constricts the shot so that 50 yard patterns are possible. Mine shoots excellent as is. I'm not brave enough to load a slug or the ball. I have email correspondance that I will try to locate. Last I heard they were trying to shut down that site on the false information.