Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Tight Bores! MMP has a new SABOT

Old 04-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tight Bores! MMP has a new SABOT

sabotloader, part way to branson where we go for a week end once in a while about 1.5 hours. Thanks sabot loader. remember about the walleye if you come my way, we have a place on the little Red for trout to,I got a place I got for deer hunting to but the gas and oil people are pestering me to drill holes in it. Lee
Old 04-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lee, that must be a tough situation.

I've driven through Harrison several times going to and from Little Rock (VA stuff). Have thought about finding MMP and even located it on a map - but I'm usually just wanting to get there and back. Long dern trip to go to the doctor!
Old 04-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

bigcountry

I hope they don't quit offering the tight ones. I have great luck with the tight ones. Like the barnes expanders used to be. Now I have to put subbases under them to get same accuracy with 130gr 777 loads as I used to.
Not a problem - the HPH12's will be around for quite awhile they are what fit the older Knights the best. Even the short MMP black 50/45, it is not an HPH, is still around and is the suggested sabot for the Savage because it is also a tight sabot in most instances.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lee

There are enough holes in the world - but I also understand financially it could really be nice....

I worked for the Forest Service for years and it seemed everytime i got a decent elk hunting area all worked in to my liking - the next thing I new I would be helping to put up a timber sale in the area... just never failed....

I will certainly keep the offer in mind and if you ever get up around northern Idaho check in and we will gofind some elk.

mike
Old 04-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

sabotloader,Thanks for the invite,been a few years since I hunted elk last two I got were with a bow.
TH oil and gas peoplewant to drill holes and make bangs to see how big a reservoir of natural gas is under the area,but like you said there are green reasons for going along with what they want,they are coming down on the area for 30 miles around that I know of; the realestate guy I got my land through says its worth 3x what I paid for it one year ago. I hope they don't spoil the deer hunting I watched about 20 deer go by in the first week of bow season last year before I picked one.
Got lucky today had a pound ofAPP ordered they sent the dealer a whole case,after he sold me the pound I ordered, he gave me a special on the rest so he didnot have to return it. Lee