Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Farewell and Goodbuy to all!

Old 04-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Farewell and Goodbuy to all!

I will be leaving this forum at the end of the week. I simply wanted to say farewell and good buy! The reason is I cant stand all of this inline modern muzzleloader talk. I hate it alot!!! You guys have fun shooting and good luck in the muzzleloading world. Take care to all!

God bless
Old 04-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Farewell and Goodbuy to all!

APRIL FOOLS! Gotcha now diddnt I. I dont like inlines but I dont mind the talk about them. Just a fun joke.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dog gone you Sharp Shooter! - I bought right into it.... You are as bad as all of my eighth graders that really got me a more than once on Friday... I am so gullable... It is a good thing you posted that second message...

Old 04-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't know you, Sharp shooter, but you got me too. I was thinking to myself,gee, this guy takes his muzzle loading pretty serious to not even want to be on here because he doesn't like inlines.

That was a pretty good joke!
Old 04-02-2006, 05:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sharp shooter, I must be as bad as you. When I got my last ML barrel formy Hawken from Green Mountain, I was sort of dissapointed when it had fiber optic sights on it!. Sort of untraditional.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

GOOD ONE!!!!! I don't know you but just thought you were some "traditionalist" wanting to "grand stand".You got me!
Old 04-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

not many of us flinters left.at times i think i am only one with a flintlock at range here in pa.personelly, i dont care for them,i dont hate them butits to much like shooting a rifle to me. my neighbor cannot hit broad side of barn with his flintlock.he changed to in-line and is shooting out to 150 yds now .for the 1 day a year hunters the in-line is way to go.most i know that have in-lines only bought them for 1 reason.they could not shoot a deer with open sights , flintlock.now with scopes on in-lines, they are excited to get the meat. me, i am fromOLD SCHOOL.i like it hard on hunting not making it easy to get a buck.its just feeling you get shooting a buck with open sights, flint firing,kaboom. man, thats fun.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is he gone yet?

Old 04-03-2006, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

not many of us flinters left.at times i think i am only one with a flintlock at range here in pa.personelly, i dont care for them,i dont hate them butits to much like shooting a rifle to me. my neighbor cannot hit broad side of barn with his flintlock.he changed to in-line and is shooting out to 150 yds now .for the 1 day a year hunters the in-line is way to go.most i know that have in-lines only bought them for 1 reason.they could not shoot a deer with open sights , flintlock.now with scopes on in-lines, they are excited to get the meat. me, i am fromOLD SCHOOL.i like it hard on hunting not making it easy to get a buck.its just feeling you get shooting a buck with open sights, flint firing,kaboom. man, thats fun.
I kind of agree. It is too much like shooting a centerfire. I just like the tradition. And yes I am still here. But you know what, if someone can not shoot open sites then inline is right for them. But here in CO scopes are not legal on muzzleloaders. I think people should shoot what is best for them. I just don't ever care to shoot an inline.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

i was going to miss one of the few flinters here!! i wont lie....i killed all 10 of my deer with a CF scoped rifle....but opening day i put a headshot on a doe ..50-60yds through thick cover..not trying to brag or anything...it was just to easy....put the crosshairs between her ears when she looked away and touched off.....done deal..wooohooo now i get to gut her and drag her....almost didnt get excited...i will still probably use the rifle for bucks....but only because i gota count to 4 before pulling the trigger.....and doing drives they dont stand around long enough to pull up binocs and count most of the time...actually thinking about taking up archery...actually thinking HARD about it if i have the funds.....then im sure later down the road ill hang up the compound....AND the CF rifles...and just hunt with flinters and stick bows....if hunting was easy theyd call it shopping!! to each his own..but killing does with a rifle is meat in the freezer for me....i love my venision....crunch time...empty freezer...i may grab the rifle and try to make some meat...but i think im sticking more with the flinter..

Quick Reply: Farewell and Goodbuy to all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.