Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cabelas Rolling Block Muzzleloader by Pedersoli?

Old 03-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabelas Rolling Block Muzzleloader by Pedersoli?

When you word the word "demonizing" in a reply with my name as the main focal point of attention in the post Mr.Phil, please
attach one of my "demonizing" sentences for reference right along with it next time. Also...please copy & paste whereI stated that I do not like a bit-heavy rifle. I have never stated that in any ML post/thread in my life.
[/quote]

When I use the word advocating along with the word demonizing please don't separate the two. Regardless of your opinion of its weight, I contend that you are not in a position to know whether its weight is a positive or a negative for AP.

Up until three years ago, I owned the Pedersoli (Cabelas) Rolling Blockfor eight years. You will need a jumbocup of coffee breaking down & cleaning that Rolling Block. You will need to drink that jumbo cup of javareal slow - perhaps reheat that cioffee once or twice too.
I don't think it would be all that big a problem for AP. Because AP isn't particularly fond of, nor does he "advocate", 777 for use in his muzzleloaders. Maybe it has escaped your attention, but cleaning the RB may be quite manageable if he use American Pioneer powder instead.

Cabelas gave me 100% of my purchase money back after eight years use when I brought in one day for repair on a primer firing pin - that sits on the open/shut door to the breechplug.

I took the entire purchase money from 1995 ... ie... ($279)... and applied it -- then $220 more -on the Omega I now own. I wore a bright smile from the moment I was handed the new boxof my Omega-- well... I'm still smiling three years later.
It sure is nice to know that after I have wore out my side kick with max charges and monster bullets, that will be able to just takeit, along with its bulged barrel, intoCabelas for a full refund and credit on the Pedersoli Brutus I would now have preferred to own. Or is that, as a product advocate, you are special?

I sure hope your Corn Flakes taste better tomorrow Phil...
I'll be eating bacon and eggs, thank you.

Happy hunting, Phil
Old 03-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

I still have that brand spanky new Omega I would trade one. Any takers?
Old 03-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

AmericanPioneer

you might check here:

http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/fieldtests3.html

This article really applies a positive spin to the "rolling block"

My old friend Pierangelo Pedersoli, who now heads up the Davide Pedersoli & Co. armsmaking firm of Brescia, Italy builds the slick looking "Rolling Block Muzzleloader" for Cabela's, and earlier this fall I finally got the opportunity to put one of the rifles through the paces. What I discovered was one of the easiest operating... easiest priming...and easiest to maintain muzzleloaders I've ever had the pleasure of shooting and hunting with. And since the rifle was produced by HPML sponsor Pedersoli 2, I was not surprised to discover that the high quality barrel of this frontloader is capable of producing excellent accuracy with a variety of bullets.
Another section form the article...

Cabela's currently lists the "Rolling Block Muzzleloader" at $299.99. That's right, this easy to operate, great shooting and well built top-performing in-line ignition rifle comes in under the wire a whole penny short of three hundred dollars. As with any muzzleloader currently on the market, I can find a few things I'd like to see made different, like a plain receiver rather than the "cast in" engraved receiver Pedersoli uses...or the use of an octagon barrel and a solid under-rib with thmbles rather than the barrel band arrangement used on this rifle. However, these are cosmetic issues (in my eyes) rather than performance and function features. Right now, I would have to rate this rifle as an excellent buy. Actually, I'd have to rate it as most likely the best buy on the market today. But, if Cabela's rolling-block design in-line appeals to you, and may have sparked an urge to buy one...don't wait too long. An inside informant has shared that within the next few months the retail price is sure to go up.
I have nothing to measure this article with as I have not handled this gun at all but it is another side of the story.... Really think you should see more than one side....

Old 03-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pittsburghunter

I still have that brand spanky new Omega I would trade one. Any takers?
Pittsburghunter:

Doesn't look like there will be a trade out there for you. I thought about offering my SS Sidekick for it, but . . . , I think I'll just hold on to it.

You are right. Life is too short to hunt with a gun one thinks to be ugly. Good Luck in replacing your "ugly" gun with one whose beauty your eyes behold.

Happy Hunting, Phil
Old 02-23-2024, 05:26 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Pittsburghunter
If anyone has one they want to trade for a brand new Omega Z5 let me know

Life is to short to hunt with an ugly gun.
I have one. Models88a I think in excellent condition
Old 02-24-2024, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

He probably found one since 2006 LOL. Plus he has not been active on the forum in over 12 years