Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson Center Pro Hunter - NICE

Old 02-22-2006, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thompson Center Pro Hunter - NICE

Now this is a nice looking muzzy!!!

Old 02-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thompson Center Pro Hunter - NICE

Looks really nice but the price is going to be too much for my budget. I wouldn't mind getting that for Christmas.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:25 AM
Dominant Buck

What is the pro hunter? an Encore? looks like a nice $500.00+ dollar rifle.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

I certainly lools like it came out of the Encore family but it has the new 90 degreesbreech plug in it and another new thing a twist hammer. Plus the each gun has been shot at a 100 yards be a person to insure accuracy.

I just can not warm up to the looks of it...

http://www.tcarms.com/TC_HTML/TC_PH_Main.htm

Old 02-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Looks GREAT to me; but, I would have to sell all my other rifles to buy one. Just have a difficult time spending that much on one rifle.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Actually I like the looks of the rifle.. maybe I should buy one.. Seriously, it has some very nice features. I see this as Thompson Centers way to get the most out of a muzzleloading rifle. It kind of seems they took and Encore and then locked the barrel on it and added some other features. Overall I like it but have too many rifles already for another purchase like that.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks nice but for the price I would get an encore.

Tom
Old 02-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Well, I'm sold. I will save up the pennies and buy it before the November firearms sesaon starts. I think it's in the 600 dollar range. They have a camoed thumbhole stock as well but I do not know what that will go for. Its still has all the diffrent centerfire calibers you can buy. But what caught my eye is that you can get a 500 S&W barrel in 20" staniless steel for this model. I don't think the original had that feature. I will definetly get the 500 cannon as I beleive this new gun has added features in the recoil department. Apparently they have several arches in the rear of the stock that are to help with recoil. The design was from SIMS so I trust in them when they say recoil will be reduced by 43% as compared to the original models. This new Pro Hunter is an Encore by TC and I think all the barrels from the orginal Encore can be used as well. The muzzy has a 28" stainless barrel. All the new barrels for this gun are 28" but you can get the smaller ones. Their website is updated and has all the info on this exciting gun.

http://www.tcarms.com/TC_HTML/TC_PH_Main.htm
Old 02-22-2006, 11:20 AM

I'll bet the price tag is gona be somewhere in the neighborhood of $650-$750. Pisses me off that they came out with it 2 months after I bought an stainless / Synthetic Encore. The nice thing is I can now get the fluted barrels.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Yea, I know two fellas that bought Encores a month ago and they are frustrated. But the fact remains that you have an Encore, and this one will probably not shoot any better than the one you have. It looks diffrent but all the barrels are the same. The only diffrence is all the new fandangled perks. They will sell them but I'm sure the guys who have the orginals probably will not go and buy one and are just as happy to have the orginal.

Quick Reply: Thompson Center Pro Hunter - NICE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.