Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson Center Pro Hunter - NICE

Old 02-22-2006, 11:37 AM

Default RE: Thompson Center Pro Hunter - NICE

You got that right. I love my Encore and I'll just get the fluted barrels for it and make my own version...lets say I'll call it the Encore Hunter, half old and half new. They definately are awesome looking, just can't justify spending almost $800 for another one. If it ain't bronke, no sense in spending the money
Old 02-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where are you guys seeing the price for this?
Old 02-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know if anyone is seeing the pricing yet but the word is out: pricey. The X7 Omega really interests me more (if they enlarged that dern trigger guard a little!).
Old 02-22-2006, 12:39 PM

Put it this way the camo / SST Encore 209x50 was running $699.00 at Bass Pro and Cabelas respectively. I'm just guessing that it will be more than that. Seems like a good bet.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Dominant Buck

with all the reports of the Omega buyers not being happy with the size of the trigger guard, you would think Thompson Center would take that into consideration and change that aspect. He in Wisconsin in cold weather, which is our muzzleloader season time, hunting without gloves sometimes is not really an option.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Has anyone heard when the Pro Hunter will be available?
Old 02-22-2006, 09:40 PM

Here are some of the specifics.
Basically an Encore with some add ons. I like the design of the ramrod. Not so sure about the swing hammer or stock. I do like the idea ofa 90 degree breachplug.
Still is the same basic design on the reciever. If you like the fluted barrel and front end, you will probably be able to get that for your old reciever. The old barrels will still interchange.

http://www.tcarms.com/TC_HTML/TC_New_PHspecs.htm

R
Hank
Old 02-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

Encoreman, I read somewhere around Mid March of this year. The new Knights are also available at that time. The new Knight with the fancy barrels are in the high 700.00 range according to their website. Should be interesting to see how this plays out with Knight.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:04 PM

I called TC today about the availability of the Pro Hunter and they told me it would be ready about june or july. I asked about the suggested retail of just the stainless barrel and the lady said $433.00. She said it would be cheaper through a dealer. It was funny when she said to me "you can buy an omega for that price". It comes without sights if anyone is curious. I guess they could be installed.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:25 AM

It's never easy. I was about to buy an Encore this week and now I see this. I would love to actually touch one. Didn't I read on another post that they had a fewat a gun show recently? Has any one actually held one?

I chased a Knight Vision for months last year only to find out they weren't available. I don't want to go through that again.

Quick Reply: Thompson Center Pro Hunter - NICE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.