Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Harvester crushrib sabot

Old 02-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Harvester crushrib sabot

Can anyone tell me a good place to buy crushrib sabots. I can't find the website for harvester. I know, that with all you good muzzleloaders out there, that you know a good place to buy them. I want to try them in my Omega.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Harvester crushrib sabot

Cabelas and Mid South Shooters Supply carry them.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info, bsteve
Old 02-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

mayguy

Here is the website - things have changed recently - the parent company is re-organizing things.

http://www.harvesterbullets.com/

This website will give you additions outlets for the product.

Another thought to share, there may be another sabot on the market in a few months that might perform better than the "crush rib" - might keep that in mind if you order 'crush ribs'

Old 02-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info, sabotloader. I will keep watch for the new one and will try a few of the crushribs. It sure is good to be able to get info, from you guys, that have so much more experience with muzzleloaders than I do.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

mayguy

What sabot have you been using? if you do not mind me asking...
Old 02-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using the ones that come with the bullets, if they aren't too tight ( which they usually are in my Omega). I have some black HPH24s that I use then. I have quite a few new bullets to try-- 250 & 300 gr Shockwaves, 300 gr Barnes expanders, 285 gr Knight ultimate slam, Barnes new poly tipped( when Cabelas get them off of back order) 290 gr, And 45 caliber Gold Dots 300 gr. I wanted to make sure I had a sabot that would work with all of them. I don't know how much I'll learn from all of them, but I plan on having a good time trying them all out.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

mayguy

If you already have the 24's, adding some crush ribs I think is a good plan...

Pay particular attention to the different loading pressures from a .452to a .451, for me there is a noticeable difference.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:21 PM

The regular Harvester sabots are also worth trying. My T/C likes them with the Barnes bullets - which are rod busting tight with the sabots Barnes provides with them.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Roskoe

Do you find a difference between MMP-HPH-24's andthe Harvester Regular Long Sabot? I know for Triple Se7en, hehas indicated that the Harvester loads easier. For me it is the opposit I have them both and get me consistent loads, clean bore or fouled borefrom the 24's loading .452 bullets... loading .451's it is a non-issue they both go down about equal.

Quick Reply: Harvester crushrib sabot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.