Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Genesis article

Old 02-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Genesis article

http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/newproducts2.html

Sabotloader, I think we can save our money for something better. Some of the comments in that article closely parallel those RW made to me. In this case I believe TB is tellin' like it is (except his opinion of the Pedersoli2s and mine differ considerably - I for dern sure do NOT recommend one of the Pedersoli2 Denali rifles!). The Pedersoli metal is good enough but the design and workmanship on the rifle IHAD left a LOT to be desired. That and the fact there are no parts available in this countryfor the Pedersoli Denali .......
Old 02-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Genesis article

UC

I just finished reading that article - I think I am really happy that I have an Omega on the way. When I first read Randy's review, I always have to take it with a grain of salt because of his previous battles with Remington. I feel the same way about Spanish Barrels - I do not hink we can categorically say all Spainish barrels are bad. I was really hoping Remington would get back in with a quality product, but it looks like Toby is riding in the same truck with Randy and between the two that is enough for me. The "torchcam" stopped my interest but did make me look at the Traditions "drop block/cam" what ever they call it. If the Yukon had a SS barrel I might have been more interested in it-but now with Randy's and Toby's description of the "pot metal" reciever, I truly have lost all interest in both. My very first thought when Toby recommended the Pedersoli2s was UC said no-no.So that takes care of that, butI did go look at the web but did not see anything that stood out or made me want to look more.

I really hope this Omega is one of the good ones, you know one that wasn't produced on Monday when everybody is coming back from a long weekend and not on Friday when all anyone can think is to get the day over so the weekend will get here... A Tuesday gun would be good.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

WOW! I read the article, and don't know whether the word, "scathing" or "seething" best fits Tony's remarks. It's very clear what he thinks of Remington's bringing out this "new" gun, and I can't imagine anyone buying one after reading it.

IM jaybe

Old 02-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree I had a few conversations with Toby and I believe he picks what he will support, Ido not believeanybody will change his opinion with money. And about the Spanish barrels I am not to sure about recently but at one time the best thing about CVA was their barrels. I personally would not shoot more than 100 grs of powder in an extruded barrel or stand next to someone I knew whowas doing so. Of course I always do my own proof test,I started that way back when I was building rifles. Lee
Old 02-15-2006, 02:38 PM

Seems just like the 710. A stain on the 700's shirt! Big green blew there nose and the masses are goin' to eat it up unknowingly.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not surprised at all.

Tom