Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Remington is Here

Old 02-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default New Remington is Here

Well they are finally listed on the the Rem web site. I can not help but be a little excited - I really like my Remington 700ML's. They have served me really well.

On a couple of ML sites they are really taking a beating - they must be Spanish - they must be Traditions - no they look like an Omega - no they have the parts of a Traditions - they are not break open - all kinds of negative remarks yet no one has handle or shot one.

I have absolutely no good reason in the world to buy one of these but as soon as I can find one - I am going to buy one. I can not use it here in Idaho during ML season nor could I use them in the neighboring states of Washington or Oregon - but I am going to get one... Now if I could just find one - black synthetic SS barrel.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/muzzleloaders/

I would love to be the first one to test one here...

Old 02-01-2006, 09:18 PM

Default RE: New Remington is Here

I want one too Haven't seen them yet in any of my dealer catalogs. Maybe they are waiting for the SHOT show to unveil the actual item.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Roskoe

DANG!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Dominant Buck

They look kind of like a misplaced Omega... I guess everyone has their own preferences. Somehow I would go for an Omega but to each their own...

Good luck in your pursuit of the Remington
Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

You don't know how close I came to buying an Omega a couple of weeks ago when I was in the Sportsman Surplus in Spokane. I passed on the Z5idea from walmart in hopes of getting an up-scale Omega at Sportsman. I had it in my hands and it was in my shoulder it felt really good... then back out - I started playing those negative post through my mind - trigger guard to small for gloves - tight barrels limiting what you might be able to load - blowback - crud rings - fouling - might have to change powders to Black Mag - cost of Black Mag - none in the northwest - possibilty of having to switch to a 25 ACP ignition with all of these thoughts I was able to give it back to the salesman and thought to myself. I really do not need this I cannot use all the ones I have now - I'll wait for the Remington and hope it isagood one.

So now I contiue to wait....
Old 02-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I can well understand why you would want a Remington with the excellent luck you have with the current ones you own... I just think my inline days of purchase are over unless one falls from the sky for next to nothing. I was looking at a flintlock with a .62 caliber rifle barrel on line today. Custom made and only $850.00 which is not too bad... That to me would be my next rifle...
Old 02-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

See you are a much more diverse person than I - My son-in-laws father has an older TC 54 cal flintlock as a wall ornament - he has shot pan powder in it but nothing else... I would like to get that and try to learn the art of shooting a flinter, but $850 for one - can not see me doing that. I am now wondering if he would trade me for my old Renegade for that flinter - I think the renegade would make a great replacement wall ornament...

Old 02-02-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like Sabot loader I would like one with the ss barrel. The camo stock nor the thumbhole stock make my heart beat faster.
I also am in no rush to buy a new Remington. Saw the smaller twin(50) to my 700 54 for sale used resently and start drooling every time I think about it. I think I'll even drop by there today while I'm out and drool on the real deal.
My daughter took me to the new Cabalas storein Rogers Minnesota while I was out there last week. To many people for my taste all in one place. Daughter says the other Minnesota store is worse. I did get my 209 conversion kit while there. I just need time to install it.

Al
Old 02-02-2006, 07:42 AM
bigcountry

Wow, I thought they were out of the ML business. Good for them.

Everbody is trying to mimic the sucess of the omega. Knight who is usually the inovator has thier half breed breakopen, drop away trigger, CVA of course tries with no cigar to make a encore.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

Amazes me what the Marketing Teams come up withthese days.

Now we have a:

"Revolutionary new camming TorchCamTM
action — super fast priming,
weather-resistant and easy to clean!"

What the hell is a "camming TorchCam action"?

Not to nit-pick but...

Looks sort of "Traditions Pursuit-ish" Although the Thumbhole version looks pretty cool.

I'll have to keep my eyes open to get one in my hands.

Anyone know if this isan import under Remington Liscense? What the suggested retail is?

Tahquamenon

Quick Reply: New Remington is Here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.