Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Remington is Here

Old 02-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Remington is Here

I don't think there is any doubt the Spanish can make some of the finest firearms in the world. But those aren't typical of what CVA or Traditions bring across the ocean. My guess is if you order a rifle made with quality materials from a Spanish vendor....that is what you get and of course it wouldcome at a higher price.

SL, just start savin' those nickels and dimes in a jar somewhere for your Remington Genesis - you know you'll HAVE to try one.

Oh yeow, meant to comment on scope mounting (though this is onlya shot in the dark): looks to me like that "action" pivots first to the left and then upward. Scoping might not be that much of a problem. Ralph Lermayersuggests that it might be in his brief article. I usually have to find out for myself as some rifles that are supposed to readily take a scope have proven problematic for me due to my eye relief requirements. One good thing that I will also guess isthe rifle will use currently availablebases made for some of the Traditions rifles - that should makefor quite a number of mounting options.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

UC

Lunck hour this afternoon you would not believe how close I came to purchasing an black synthetic/blued Omega at Mid South... it was only a matter of pushing "send order" I didn't do it. I really do not want an Omega Z5 wal-mart version I want the real one, well i think i want one. And yet you know if I could put a regular scope on the Remingtonand ifthey were available it would be one and in the mail as we speak.

Old 02-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Did anyone notice that the Yukon has a one piece stock and the Genesis has a 2 piece stock. I didn't notice this at 1st, so I thought I'd mention it here.
It sure does l@@k like Traditions is making this rifle for Remington.
Does anyone know who made the ML700's for Remington...wasn't it Ox Yoke?
Old 02-03-2006, 09:17 PM

SOME HOW I THINK YOU WILL HAVE ONE OF THE NEW
REMINGTONS SHORTLY. AND I HOPE IT WILL SERVE
YOU WELL. YOU HAVE STATED YOU LIKE THE OMEGA
SO YOU CAN HAVE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.
CALLING FOR SNOW SHOWERS HERE MONDAY WISH WE
COULD HAVE A NICE WEEKEND SO I COULD GET SOME
SHOOTING IN. KEEP SHOOTING.
DANNY
Old 02-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

AQUATECH

I am in resistance and denial, and leaning to the Omega - I just can not shake the thought that i can not put a regular scope on it, and I can not use either during ML season... Tradition's Yukon - no stainless - 24" barrel only so that rules that one out for me.

Truly if I had not just ordered a new stainless barrel from Green Mountain - I probably would have sprung for that black/blue Omega this afternoon. I need to get it from a reputable business because if I can not get a HPH-24 and a full .452 bullet down the barrel I want to be able to send it back.

The swing gadget that the firing pin is in just has got me really upset... i wish they had sent those guns out to a normal user versus writers, even if you registered your complaints now it is to late. Plus they, Remington, would not be able to use the drop block sold to Traditions. With my luck the company that is producing these for both Remington and Traditions PROBABLY told Remington the cam block would interfer with mounting scopes, but somehow Remington justified it with some market study. Now states that allow 209's, closed breeches, and no scopes during ML season- they will be able to sell them there. I would think that would cut severely into the market share though.

I am still searching the internet for the best bargain on a Omega..

Old 02-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be in denial, just don't be into a Denali.

Did you look at http://www.dnrsports.net/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DSC&Pro duct_Code=TCM8924&Category_Code=muzzleloaderst cm ?

Yep, wish they had sent a sample Genesis to me.......

Oh wait, you said "normal".
Old 02-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

UC

I should have said in the one of the more famous phrases from UC WHUT!? Denali - not a chance?

That is not a bad buy on the Stainless... they also show a Z5 - what is the difference between the Z5 and all the rest

OK - if I decide to spring for the extra $100 the DNR one is the way to go - that is $20 less than I have found it elsewhere...

Thanks UC