Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Remington is Here

Old 02-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New Remington is Here

Tahq-

Not knocking Remington, but all products seem to use words that we have never seen in combination used before or never even seen. You're right Tahq.. advertising rules the day. Actually I find some adds amusing. They use these monster words that mean really nothing but are simply to impress the buyer that he is really getting a deal.

The best commercials of all are the drug sellers. They come on TV tell you about an illness you might have, tell you how wonderful their drug is, then mention a list of possible side effects so long I'd rather have the original simple illness, and then tell you to ask your doctor. If I have to tell my doctor what my illness is and what drug to give me, you can bet I am changing doctors because this old one's worthless..

I would guess this Remington will be a good shooter like most of the other remingtons were. Although I would wait a year or two before I purchase one to make sure all the bugs have been worked out of it. Remember the nasty triggers on the Pursuit. Or the Knight Vision which was due out last August, has it hit the market yet? What do you think is holding that rifle up? Nope.. wait a year or two and then if you need one, get one. Besides, by then the price usually comes down on them a little..
Old 02-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tahquamenon

In todays world it probably is an import. But to be competive anymore almost everything is. Which is really to bad, but that is capitolism at its finest - hence wal-mart. The midde class is always looking for a bargain, bargains are important - but not to worry atatistics shows the middle class is disappearing.

What the suggested retail is?
$279 to almost $500

A number of them were released to the public last year for testing and the people that had them responded favorably to them, but then If Remington gave you a gun you might tend to respond well. Anyway I sure would like to get one... Guess I have to much faith in Remington - funny I don't even own any Remingtons other than the ML's and one shotgun...
Old 02-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I own a number of the old Remington Center Fire rifles, .a 22 caliber pump rifle, and a pump shotgun for ducks, and every one of their firearms are top notch in my book. You could not get me to part with my Remington's but I never owned one of their muzzleloaders. I came so close one afternoon. I saw a Remington muzzleloader on auction which was only minutes away from the end, so I put a bid in on it to take the high bid out, and figured with the few minutes left I was a sure thing... well someone wanted that rifle bad because they had extra money waiting for just such an event and took my bid out (which was all right with me.. )

I guessed that would be the price range of them.. and again that is more then fair if the rifle is good quality.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

I certainly did not mean to pick on Remington's "TorchCamshaft".

I was just marvelling at the "Marketing-Speak fluff". Most companies have some.

[ul][*]T/C has their "QLA" or "Quick Load Accurizer" and "Flame Thrower Ingition System" " HotShot nipples", "Universal Breech Plug" (Omega and Encore share the same breech plug, thus making it "Universal".[*]Knight has their "DISC", "Full Plastic Jacket ignition system" "PowerStem Breech Plug, and "Quick Release Break open system"[*]CVA has their "Pivot Block Action", "Grip Dot Panels" and "Bullet Guiding Muzzle"[*]Traditions has their "PAS (Projectile Alignment System)", "DSS (Double Safety System)", "New Ultra Glide bolt sytem", "Thunder Dome Breech Plug".[/ul]

Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

I like Remington's too
Let's see... I love my:

[ul][*]Rem700ML 1996 50 cal[*](2) 700 in 30/06 and 308win[*]7400 Autoloader in 270win.[*](2) 11-48 12 Guage Shotguns[*]Model 58 Shotgun[*](2) 11/87 12 Guage Shotguns[*]110020 Gauge[*]870 12gauge Shotgun[*]Nylon 66 in 22LR[*]Model 32 O/U 12 Gauge[/ul]
Old 02-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I need to give credit to BUSTA, a poster on another board. He shoots a Huntsmans and is extremly happy with it but he did post a review of the new Remington he found in a hunting magazine. If you are interested here is the web address...

Here is a little more info on the Genesis.
http://www.whitetailjournal.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=4

Dang... there is a problem with it:::

At The Bench
Mounting a scope on a Genesis takes some care. You must allow clearance for the swinging block so that it will clear the rear bell. I chose a Bushnell 3-9X designed for a shotgun, since it afforded a full 6 inches of eye relief.
[/align]
I have never used a scope with 6" inch eye relief - what is that like? low light -bright light or any other situation you can think of...

All of this is kind ofdulling my desire to get one of these now.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Dominant Buck

I had a Bushnell with the 6" eye relief and hated it so much I never even shot under it. I just could not get comfortable behind it. And sent it back and got a different scope.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

DANG! - I need hear no more cayugad, thank you for the reply - I do value your opinion -you just solved my delimma + saved me some money...

Old 02-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I posted back in December some time that Remington was about to release there new ML. I had read a small news release in a hunting mag about it. It news release did say it is an inport. I don't seem to remember the exact country but think Spain.

Al
Old 02-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good for rem. to get back into ML's. I like options. That said I won't be trading off my 700 MLS for another anytime soon. It has been great and shoots damn fine but if I get the hankering for a new inline my dollars at this point wouldgo elsewhere. With the present regs here I'd be looking at the Savage ML10II. If they changed to not allow smokeless the TC Encore would get my immediate attention.

I guess I am a fan of the green, seeing the majority of my firearms bare their name most are of older vintage but I have always been open to diversity.

Quick Reply: New Remington is Here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.