Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

ISO-HEET FOR CLEANING

Old 01-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default ISO-HEET FOR CLEANING

we all agree that alchohol is great for swabing and great in cold as patch lubricant etc. i agree. i have this good ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL that you put in your car to get water out of gas. could this be used as swab cleaner? it does not say how much is ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL. it says on back of bottle, do not use near heat/flame.maybe too much alcohol is not ok?what you think?
Old 01-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ISO-HEET FOR CLEANING

sproulman

Isn't all alcohol's extremly flammable? Hope there is nothing still hot in the barrel when you use it. I am wrong a student just corrected me it isn't the alcohol that is flammable it is the fumes that ignite.

Guarantee you HEET will burn does it say on the can/bottle what the flash point is?

The flash point of IPA is really low @ 53 degrees. a burning ember is probably that warm.

NPIRI's Raw Materials Handbook which referenced numerous other
chemistry reference books, the flashpoint of IPA is 12oC (53oF) and the
boiling point is 82oC (180oF).

Old 01-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

I wouldnot agreethat Alcohol is an effective patch lubricant. In fact just the opposite.

For cleaning: Were it me, I would spend a dollar or so on 99% Isopropyl Alcohol for cleaning and mix it 50% with Windex.

I would put the ISO-HEET in the gas tank. As I don't know what else might be in there along with the alcohol.

Tahquamenon
Old 01-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

for heck of it, i am e-mailing co. on that ISO-HEET
Old 01-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll stick with the Wal Mart 91% isopropyl alcohol and leave the ISO HEET for the truck... Besides I think a bottle of the stuff at Wal Mart is around $1.29 for a good sized bottle. Can't beat that with a stick and if you cut yourself out there, spray a little of that in the cut. You can learn to dance at the same time.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

i just got off phone with the ISO-HEET co.rep. he said that ISO-HEET is 99% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL.the other 1% is rust preventive they put init so metal does not rust.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:02 PM
Dominant Buck

that don't sound all bad does it..
Old 01-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

That does sound good.

Ok, what's the price of ISO-HEET?

Old 01-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

i liked part about him saying 1% is in there to help keep your metal in engines from rusting.he said usually when used in engine ,you have water in there, so, they add 1% anti-rust stuff so your metal will not rust. interesting, could that helpkeep our barrels from rusting when we swab with alcohol? .hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i think i paid 1.19 at wal-mart for 12oz bottle.i bought 10 bottles for my truck.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

here is what is on back of bottle. 1.use year round2.removes water from fuel system 3.prevents freeze-up 4.PREVENTS RUST & CORROSION. 5.safe for caytalict and oxygen sensors. notice i high lighted no.4. very interesting. warning on bottle,do not use near heat/flame.

Quick Reply: ISO-HEET FOR CLEANING

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.