Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Powder Notes

Old 01-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Powder Notes

Hey sproulman,mines new compared to yours its only 35 years old. Bought a fancy digital the first thing I found out was they drift some can't trust them so I leave it in the box. Take Care Lee
Old 01-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

everything i ever bought digital,failed. i just bought a digital scale, its not accurate, i bought a blood pressure tester digital, its shows 3 different reading.stay with the old stand by scales.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have the RCBS balance type with magnetic dampening. It has a leveling foot on it, and works great. I've also had it about 35 years. I've checked it against the weight of bullets and other objects many times, and it's always VERY close - within a couple of tenths of a grain. Don't know what the electro jobs cost, but you don't really need to measure in 100ths of grains, so why pay the extra big bucks? MHO

IM jaybe

Old 01-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

use the line level to adjust that screw on bottom to get it level,then get yourself a little 5 gr or whatever weight and put in pan to get a REAL ACCURATE reading.take care