Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Omega trigger questions

Old 01-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Omega trigger questions

Has anyone figured out a way around the screwy trigger that the Omega has. It stays all the way forward until you pull the hammer back. Then it goes back to the normal trigger position. However, when you pull the trigger, it wants to slam back forward pinching your trigger finger in the process. If your not careful, it can kind of hurt. It is the only thing I don't love about my Omega, but it is bothersome. Have they redesigned it in the newer models, or do you know a way to prevent it from doing this?

Also, is the trigger adjustable as far as pounds of pull?

thanks
Old 01-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Omega trigger questions

Something's wrong if yours is all the way forward. Most are around 65% towards the front of the trigger guard. It should not pinch after firing either. Contact T/C by phone. They may want that one back for an inspection. That would also be the proper time to also ask them to lighten the trigger up a pound or-so. You will pay a few dollars for one-way shipping of the trigger, but the end result willmost likelyplease you.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:02 PM

the trigger does stay forward on mine untill it's cockedbut it does not pinch my finger but if you have large fingers it could. i don't think you can ajust the trigger. they made the trigger this way so folks didn't walk around with their finger on the trigger. I like the omega because ofthe powder load it can handle and you don't need the disc like the knight but the crap about being so easy to clean is just sales talk, if you really clean the omega like it needs it takes just as long as any other black powder gun.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say mine is about 65% forward, and when I think about it, it is the bottom of the trigger that seems to hurt my finger. After it is fired, the trigger moves forward and up, to where the bottom of the trigger is about 1/2" up from the bottom of the trigger guard. Maybe I just need to change how I pull the trigger, but that may mess with my mind. Bottom line is that there is enough room for my finger if I would pull it upward after pulling the trigger. However, I don't want to be thinking about it.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

I notice it goes a bit to far forward myself but it won't until I take pressure off of the trigger. I think the problem is more the small trigger guard. That is the only thing that bugs me about the rifle. I wonder if my big fat gloved finger would fit in it.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had no problem with fitting even a gloved finger in it.......when the hammer is cocked.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Where I hunt it is often zero or below. We have to wear big insulated gloves or the mitts that break open for your fingers to come out. I already figured out that I would need to use the mitts with the Omega.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:02 PM

I was told that you can't adjust the trigger on the omegas, is this true?
Old 01-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I no longer leave the house/cabin when it's zero or below. You must be referring to Canada or the upper edges of the northern-moststates.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

crimsonking,
I have two Omega's and the triggers on both of them breakat a crisp3 1/2lbs, which IMOis just right for hunting.
There are no adjusting screws on the Omega trigger that I've seen.

Quick Reply: Omega trigger questions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.