Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

shooting sticks

Old 01-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Spike

Default shooting sticks

i'm interested if any of you use shooting sticks when hunting. if so, i'm interested in recommendations for the best shooting sticks for standing, sitting and kneeling shots. thanks for the input.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: shooting sticks

Take a look at this thread. I would suggest making your own. It's really simple to do and costs very little.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1369042&mpage=1&key=&#136908 3

Tahquamenon
Old 01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I use them for hunting and a lot of target shooting. I do not carry a do everything length. My sticks match my habit for the day of hunting. If tree stand hunting I have a size that works for me there. If stalking, I havea walking stick shooting stick. I also have range size sticks. All are homemade. I looked at some of the sticks in the on line stores, they look fine, but I would like to actually see on in person and handle it before I would decide what is best for me.

Over allI usually carry a 42" stick. It can be used as a walking stick and shot from a kneeling position, also adjusted I can use it from a tree stand..
Old 01-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a do it yourself mono pod shooting stick. I like the design and how simple it would be to gather the part to make it.

http://californiavarmintcallers.com/mono.htm

Al
Old 01-17-2006, 03:14 PM

Underwood shooting stix. There the best thing, in my opinion. they fold small and two legs is alot sturdier than one. Three legs is an option but not necessary for them. I bought the sitting/kneeling set and no matter what I'mshooting, I don't leave home without them!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:03 PM

Stealth Stix made by Farley's International Adventures, you can use one set for sitting, kneeling or prone, in a treestand, and shooting off of any side hill or mountain, Awesome
Old 01-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would just buy a good pair that will last you. Take a look at these http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/horizontal-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712&id=0024203 226326a&navCount=3&podId=0024203&paren tId=cat20774&navAction=push&catalogCode=IF &rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat2077 4

I have a pair that has cat paw's on the rubber on the bottom.

Old 01-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Stoney Point collapsable type and they are real nice & lite too..
Old 01-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took 15 miniutes on my band saw and made my cedar ones that work just peachy and the wood was slatted for the scrap bin before I used it.
Al
Old 01-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

i'm interested if any of you use shooting sticks when hunting. if so, i'm interested in recommendations for the best shooting sticks for standing, sitting and kneeling shots. thanks for the input.
the best ones i have are the ones that cost me nothing, I made them from scrap lumber and left over hardware from a prior project. they are based on varmint Al's already great design, but they are IMO slightly improved for my shooting styles.

Quick Reply: shooting sticks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.