Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Replacement ramrod

Old 01-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Replacement ramrod

Cain's is a good place to buy ramrods also. http://www.cainsoutdoor.com/cart/asp/item_index.asp

The sell wood, brass, aluminum, synthetic, and probably others.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

mine is on its way from dixie,5.00 dollars.i want to bring gun back to original look. i broke 2 before trying to seat roundballs, ha. its funny, ramrod there is 2.25 .i paid 5 dollars. i got taken at dixie,ha.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nah, the hickory ones at Cains are 8.sumpin if you get one with the brass end in place.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: dlrider

Just ordered the ramrod from RMC and a bunch of other miscellany.
Well, just my luck. Despite the RMC web page saying
Do not be fooled by web sights and mail-order catalogs that show thousands of products then make you wait 3 to 6 weeks for you shipment. The products on our web site are in our warehouse ready to be shipped upon receipt of your order.
the black anodized ramrod is out of stock, and this isn't so very temporary -- about 6 -8 weeks to make them and have no immediate plans to do so, according to the e-mail back from RMC. Nor do they have the Ball-ets that are still on their website. Not exactly a good sign for a new customer.

In any case, they have mentioned that they have a Rugged Ramrod -- made of "space-age plastic". Has anyone used one of these? Just what the heck is space-age plastic??? Is it heavy? (they also have a brass deal but I am concerned about adding another pound) Thanks.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

dlrider

I have two of them space age plastic ram rod - if you want them I send them to you. They are space age - you will not break them - they bend like a long bow. I really do not like them.

You may not have a wal-mart in your area that has shooting supplies but the universal ramrod they sale - the "Flint River" is excellent - I have purchased 5 of them now replacing all of my gun ram rods. They are black anodized aluminum rod with a aluminum tips both ends.

Hope you find what your after...
Old 01-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

question,i recieved my hickory ramrods. the brass female attachment needs put on the one end.the hole is smaller than the rod,3/8 inch rod. how do you get the rod down to fit the brass piece holeand what do you use to secure it on the wooden rod, thanks.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: sabotloader
I have two of them space age plastic ram rod - if you want them I send them to you. They are space age - you will not break them - they bend like a long bow. I really do not like them.
Thanks. I may be taking you up on your offer. This ordeal is getting very frustrating -- just trying to get something that fits, is durable and isn't splintering wood. So, are you saying these plastic deals are easily bent while loading?

You may not have a wal-mart in your area that has shooting supplies but the universal ramrod they sale - the "Flint River" is excellent - I have purchased 5 of them now replacing all of my gun ram rods. They are black anodized aluminum rod with a aluminum tips both ends.
I didn't see these in one of the Wal-Marts I pass by occasionally. Maybe another will...
Old 01-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

dlrider

Check your PMessages

mike
Old 01-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Dominant Buck

You people make me glad that I bought that Flint River Rod when it was on sale. I have not opened it yet as I really do not need it. I also have three or four of them space age ones that you can bend and they do not break. Actually I kind of like them. In the range I have one with a cleaning jag, and another with a bore brush on them. I have my rugged rod with a loading jag and the one is the rifle, stays in the rifle.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

When I first got them I too really like them - those space age rods - no break 'em - tie in a knot if you wanted to. I ordered the ones with the combination jag, ball seater, and under that a ball puller - thought it would be handi when I did the bad thing - got my powder wet. But I did find out when I was hunting in foul weather with them they become really slick and when you are pushing a load down from the top of the rod they bend way to easy and way to much. With dry hands and a dry rod this wasn't a problem because I could grip the rod just up from the muzzle and start everything down (remember I do not use a shrt starter) but when things a wet they are slick...

I am headed out right now to Wal-Mart to pick up 4 more of them rods - I want to change my inlines also. That new extend jag that TC makes is really cool. Because if its long tapered length the patch, expecially larger patches do not jamb and when I am dry patching the swab patch they, the bigger patches,pick up all the moisture. And the loading cavity is good for everything I load - from roundballs to sst's.

Well gotta go

mike

Quick Reply: Replacement ramrod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.