Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Replacement ramrod

Old 01-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Replacement ramrod

ORIGINAL: sproulman

i went to site but one they have is not wooden.there are wooden ones but which one replaces the original 50 cal tc hawkins?
You want the 3/8ths diameter. All you do afterwards is cut the ramrod to the length you need - then put the tip accessory on the side you cut.

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/shopping_cart.php

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=1265
Old 01-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

thank you very much.i am going to order now.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was on a late Michigan UP ML deer hunt in 1995 and broke the wood ram rod for my Plains rifle. I was lucky not to injury my hand and also have taken my range rod along. It sure is a pain to carry a range rod thru a cedar swamp.
When I got home I went to Alburn Michigan to buy a new one. I was told the best rod for my use was this one

Renegade & Big Boar
26"
Blued Hardware

Looks good againest the blued barrel of my plains model and is as tough as nails.
Sure hated to see them closeup shop there in Alburn along withmany others.

Al
Old 01-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Dominant Buck

I lucked out today, I was at Wal Mart and picked up a Flint River range rod for $4.00 today. I did not need one, but for that price I can always use one around the house... Plus they had Pyrodex down to $8.00 a pound and Triple Seven down to $10.00 apound, so I got five pounds of each of them to supplement my addiction...
Old 01-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

You inspired me - I left immediately for Wal-Mart. Our wal-mart must be a little more up-town than yours - I bought T7 2f & 3f $13.00 the flint rivers were $5 - but I was able to get a pair of Remington insulated 6 pocket camo pants for $40.00...

Old 01-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Dominant Buck

I also picked up four jugs of Rusty Duck Black Powder Solvent, and they had the Remington Kleenbore Primers on sale for $3.00 so I got five of them. All their projectiles were gone, and there pellets had not came down in price I think because they were around $22.00 for a box of pellets. Well when I can get the other powders at that price, who needs pellets.

In fact after I got home I kicked myself for not getting more powder. My friend's wife is headed up there in two days, so the powder might even be less. I think I'll get another 10 pounds of Pyrodex and a couple more of Triple Se7en. (if it is not all gone)
Old 01-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

If ya were looking for prodex our Wal Mart has lots of the stuff no T7 except pellets. I do not think they had it on sale though. Wasn't much of any thing else left other than that. I was looking for a 54 cleaning jag, found (4) 50's so bought all four and will double the patches up.
Went to a gun shop that usally has lots of ML stuff, I'll make a new post of that.

Al
Old 01-03-2006, 09:03 PM

Just ordered the ramrod from RMC and a bunch of other miscellany. ML1142538 Black Anodized Aluminum Ramrods : 25 3/8 inches long for Traditions Lightning Bolt, TC Omega, PA Pellet $16.79. Quite definitive as to the fit, according to the e-mail back from RMC, so I am putting my trust in that outfit per your recommendation.

Thank you.

D.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

i live at lock haven,pa. and 30 minutes from RMC. i know the owner,rightnour.he makes a lot of stuff you see .i love his V-PEEP sight.great store, for sure.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

thanks for that site at factory. i cant seem to kfind the original wooden ones. am i missing it?
The originals have not been made since TC'sbig plant fire...they're no longer available, are almost collectors items...I have a few on the shelf that came with my first few TC Hawkens...set them aside years ago and have mainlyused brass ramrods instead

Quick Reply: Replacement ramrod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.