Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

1 more day

Old 12-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default 1 more day

Well I'm heading in the woods again tomorrow for what unfortunately will be my last day of the season. I've logged more days this year in the woods then I ever have in my dozen or so years of hunting. If I had to guess, I bet I put in a good 30+ days or 1/2 days in the woods this year. This was my first year bow hunting and I was lucky enough to get a small buck opening day of bow season but other than that .... NADA. After having some initial problems sighting in my Black Diamond, with the forums help, I got back on track and have been focusing on getting one with my smokepole.Other than sighting it in, I didn't take my308 off the rack this year at all. This is my 4th season with my Black Diamond and have yet to take a shot at a deer with it. Hopefully tomorrow is the day! I love shooting my Black Diamond and can't wait to have the opportunity to harvest a deer with it. I actually had a nice doe sneak up behind my setup opening day of BP 35 yards from me, however, never had a good shot. My heart was beating so fast unlike anything I have ever experienced with a bow or rifle. I have never been patient enough to stay in my stand all day, however, tomorrow hopefully will be the first time I do so. I think I might have patterned the deer movement on the property I hunt and hopefully it holds true tomorrow! I do have another week of season left here in Virginia, however, I've pushed it with the Mrs. and know when to stop.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:47 AM

Default RE: 1 more day

Best of luck to ya! I'm dying to take one home with my smokepole also. This is my second year with no luck. I'm glad I made a deal with the wife when I met her. I'll do anything , anytime but as long as whatever seasons open and I have a tag to fill, I'm not coming home!
Old 12-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Good luck with your last day.. shoot a big one.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good going making a deal with the wife. Sort of did a deal thing with mine but just told her this is the way I am. If ya don't want to live with it then find another guy to marry. 2006 will be 21 years for us and I haven't missed a deer season yet.
Al