Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Is the Omega a piece of junk?

Old 12-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default Is the Omega a piece of junk?

Must be I picked one up at Walmart today for $109.

BWWWAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Is the Omega a piece of junk?

Pittsburghunter

D_ _ _ m! - piece of junk... I pay you a 10% commission and mailing fees to Idaho for it - wanna sale it?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Pittsburghunter,
Didn't you tell us recently that you paid $150 forT/C Express and now this deal.[:@] "WOW" I should be so lucky....I'm happy for you.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

I thought I was gonna have to pay $169 but could not find any anywhere. This one was a layaway that the people didn't pick up Every m/l in Walmarts around here are gone!! Bobcats $25, Blackdiamond readypacks under $100. Jsss, what is a man to do? I was looking for a rifle for my daughter but hey? I can't just give her one of the most powerfull m/l around. I'm running out of Norinco's too I have just one left and I want to keep it. I guess I will have to buy her a Traditions Hawken kit and help her build it. She has the patients and skill to build a kit with my help and will give her something fun to do over the winter.

10% you are either nuts or think I am LOL!!
Old 12-08-2005, 09:16 PM

DAMN, I don't even want another BP gun but if I ever ran across $109 Omegas (Z5s I presume?) you can bet I am gonna back my truck up too the door and hand them a blank check. Hell for that kind of money they would be AWESOME Christmas gifts too buddies and friends who have chitty MLs and I complain too them and beg them to buy something nice!

MLs just don't sit around like that here in the south!
RA
Old 12-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

They don't sit around here either I got the last one.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

I've been checking the rifle out tonight. I have found the trigger guard to be kinda small and well, cast kinda funny. (looks like plasted but it isn't)

I do not like the sights at all but I have never liked fiber optic sights so I can't hold that against the rifle but the ones on my Encore are so much better made even though I never used them once, quality is easy to see. The stock although being another cheap plastic stock is well balanced and easy to grip even with gloves on. (helpfull but I can't see a gloved finger getting into the the trigger guard it is so small)

Barrel quality looks to be exellent even with the cosmoline in it you can see it is brite and well made. Trigger pull is nice I guess between 3-5lb and crisp. Just enough creep to make you feel right about it.

The manual is made for a beginner with limited load data that will not help me at all when I go to shoot the thing. Only data for FFbp and Pyrodex is shown. Funny the only data for Pyrodex is the pellets as well. I also question the ballistic results because some of the data shows a extreme difference between the pellets and bp making the pellets look 1/3 or more more powerfull. There is zero data for Triple Se7en.

Extras,
It came of course with the breech plug wrench but also with a superjag made for loading sabots including the shockwaves. It also came with a priming tool and a sample of the new synthetic breech plug anti-seize lube.

Oh yah they also gave me 5- 250g shockwaves to shoot in the thing and a DVD on bp shooting.

I can't wait to shoot it. I hope it shoots good.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:57 PM

i can't stand it any more , I payed 283.00 for mine .I thinkI am going to send tc a letter letting them know that their retailers are robbing the common man with their jacked up price ON MOST OF THEIR FINE PRODUCTS AND THE FOLKS THAT PAYED MORE THAN THE FAIR PRICE OF AT THE HIGHEST 200.00 BUCKS SHOULD RECEIVE A REBATE OR A COUPON FOR A DISCOUNT ON THEIR NEXT JACKED UP PRODUCT. BY THE WAY AM AM GLADE I SPENT THE MONEY ON MY OMEGA IT'S ONE HECK OF A GUN AND I WOULD BUY ANOTHER IF I COULD LAND ONE OF THOES GIVEAWAY PRICES.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Dominant Buck

If I walked in a store and they had Omega's for that price, when I left they would not have too many left. I'd be hauling a couple out for me... Monday I am checking my Wal Mart again when I head into the city...
Old 12-10-2005, 03:01 AM
Typical Buck

Where I was working on Thursday there is a Walmart and I checked there and all m/l were sold out. On my way back to the office I stopped at another one but they were sold out as well the sporting goods dept helped me by calling every store I would be near on my way home and they found another helpfull store in Concord where the manager actually checked all the stock in the gun room and found this rifle.

So when you stop in ask if they could do a quick check of the gun room to see if one happens to be out of place just for giggles. Tell them that's how a friend found his. Sometimes you wonder if they save them for friends or something.

Quick Reply: Is the Omega a piece of junk?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.