Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

"He's makin' a list, and checking it twice".......

Old 12-07-2005, 06:58 PM

Default "He's makin' a list, and checking it twice".......

I have provided the jolly gentleman with my wish list for Christmas; being a relative newcomer, there is no shortage of "absolutely needed" stuff -i.e. various projectiles/powder, range rod, cleaning supplies, storage bag, etc.

Since I'm sure all reading this have been "nice" rather than "naughty", perhaps you would care to share your wish lists for this year?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: "He's makin' a list, and checking it twice".......

It will be a Merry Christmas for me and my family, if my son who's in the Army will be able to make it home for Christmas.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope that can happen for you Encore

Makes my asking for a deer cart for Christmas seem awefully trivial
Old 12-08-2005, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ENCOREMAN

It will be a Merry Christmas for me and my family, if my son who's in the Army will be able to make it home for Christmas.
I sure hope your Christmas wish comes true. When he returns home give him a big handshake and a thanks for me! Anyone who has "put your life on the line to protect mine" in their job description deserves the highest of honors in my book! I'm sure you are very proud.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

"Yes" we are very proud of him! and "Thank You guys" I will let him know that he has your support and you betcha he'll get a big hug from this old man.
We arelucky he's in the states now, going through Ranger Training. We haven't had any communication with him since he went in and from what I'm told that's a good sign. We are hoping that he'll make it through Ranger Training.....he wants that Ranger tab so bad!
He's scheduled for a 2nd tour in Afghanistan, sometime after the 1st of the year. 2006 is going to be another ruff year full of anxiety for the family. We went through this once before and I said never again, but I have no control over where he goes and what happens.
He's commited to doing his job the very best he can and doesn't ask for anything but support from the good people back home like yourselves.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all.

Old 12-08-2005, 03:50 PM

I hope santa reads this,
For almost 25 years I have had one item on every christmas and birthday list.Still NO JETPACK! I was really good this year and would like my jetpack please! I'm going to leave more than just cookies this year for him!
Santa, jetpack please.
Nathan