Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight info

Old 11-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Knight info

I want to get into M/L with an in-line and narrowed my choice down to a Knight or T/C, but am leaning towards a Knight because I was told Knight has a better barrel & trigger then T/C, omega. Your thoughts.

Also, I know Knight makes many different models from undr $200 to over $800. What are the pro & cons of each.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Knight info

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=210646

Here is a real good deal for someone wanting a Knight rifle. If I did not own a couple of them already, I would be on this one... A Knight Disc Elite .50 caliber for under $250.00 . This is one of the best shooting rifles Knight makes. Granted it is not a drop block or fancy break open like the Revolution or Omega for that matter but it is one of their top shooters. This would be a good place for someone wanting a quality rifle and wanting to get into the sport.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Cayugad-I need another ML like I need another hole in the head, but price is just to good to pass up, thanks for the info
Old 11-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I've had that hole in the head line thrown at me so often I just ignor it anymore. I thought about one myself but am looking at a different rifle right now... I figure I have been good all year and deserve another rifle. We just will not count the two new stainlessbarrels from last month..
Old 11-16-2005, 08:20 AM

I have a Knight DISC Elite .50 cal. I love it!!! Very safe gun. It has a safety on the bolt in case if the hammer does drop, the safety keeps the pin from going totally forward and discharging. If this safety is on it is 100% reliable.

I heard that with the T/C Omega's hammer is really tough to get at to pull it back with gloves on if there is a scope on it.

I use 250 gr. Hornady SST sabots w/ 150 gr. 777 pellet charge. I have guaranteed 2.5" accuracy at 100 yds. with the ability to make accurate shots out to 200 yds.That is with the Lock and Load Speed Sabots. I tried the regular SST sabots and dropped 3" at 50 yds. I think you will get better accuracy and more knock down power with the Lock and Load's. Knight makes the best for safety and reliability, buy one and you will never go wrong. I am not too crazy about their Revolution though.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

I would say the knight also. I have the disc extreme great rifle. I also bought it because of the customer sercive and I from Iowa.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:06 PM

270, as Cay said check out that deal on the Disc Elite, if you haven't already, just got mine from the brown truck this afternoon, and ordered a scope for it this afternoon. Hopefully nextFriday will be a good day at the range with the new ML, if it shoots anywhere near as well as my Knight Wolverine I'll be real happy with this purchase! The Elite looks like it will be easier overallto break down after a day of shooting too.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

My disc elite from Sportsmans Guide arrived Mon, scoped with a BSA 4 x 32 last night, went bang today. The only thing I can say is WOW this thing shoots. The no "C" tool bolt is really great, the no screw for bolt removal is great. and a group when I was doing everything right was 3 shots in one big hole.(ok so it was only 50 yds)On another note I had a red disc finally split, it is around the 5th or6thtime it's been fired
Old 11-23-2005, 06:37 PM

Lucky. My DISC Elite doesn't need a C-Ring tool either, but I got one before I found out it didn't need it. Mine is alittle older, it doesn't have the quick bolt release. My bro has a Wolverine 209, and it looks like it is just as easy to disassemble as the DISC rifles. And yeah it can shoot. Guaranteed 2.5" groups at 100 yds. My Elite shoots equally as good as the Wolverine, we are shooting the same thing (Hornady 250 gr. Lock-N-Load Speed Sabot SST's with 150 gr. Triple 7 pellet charge)

I have held a T/C Omega, I like the feel of the Knight better.

BTW-the DISC Elite has been discontinued so whatever is available now is all that is left. The DISC Extreme replaced it. It is the DISC Elite but with RS like the Wolverine and the Extreme has more grades available than the Elite did. They are all still guaranteed the accuracy.

So if you wantprecision accuracy and unmatched safetyregardless of which model, GO WITH A KNIGHT!!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:25 PM

WELL I GUESS SOMEBODY MIGHT AS WELL PUT THE
OLD MONKEY WRENCH IN THE MIX. TWO YEARS AGO
I PURCHASED A KNIGHT AMERICAN IN 50CAL. PUT A
NIKON 3X9X40 ON IT. HAD IT BORE SIGHTED AT A
LOCAL GUNSMITH. I'VE SHOT EVERY BULLET/POWDER
COMBINATION I CAN COME UP WITH. IF YOU CAN HIT
A 4X4 FOOT PIECE OF PLYWOOD AT 50YDS. WITH IT
THATS MORE THAN I COULD EVER GET IT TO DO.
REMOVED THE SCOPE RAN TEST AT RANGE STILL
NOTHING BUT FLYERS. TOOK IT BACK TO GUNSMITH
HAD STOCK CHECKED...IT WAS OK.HAD BARREL
CHECKED FOR ALLIGNMENT...IT WAS OK. SO NEEDLESS
TO SAY I AM NOT A KNIGHT FAN. LOCAL GUNSMITH
THINKS RIFLING IN BARREL IS NOT "WHAT HE SAID"
TRUE? SO GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICE.

Quick Reply: Knight info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.