Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight info

Old 11-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Knight info

270sniper,
If I were you, I would go with what shoulders/feels thebest in your hands. T/C and Knight both make top notch muzzleloaders.
I shoot bothT/C and Knight's and I'd say that they are pretty well equal in the accuracy dept. once you find a load that works well in that particular rifle.
I don't like having to buy disc's and wish Knight would offer a ML that didn't require using them.
They are pretty well equal in quality / reliability / warranty / customer service etc.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Aquatech, years ago my 1st knight was a wolverine, I had problems with it and contacted Knight, they told me to send it in to them, I did and it was a bent barrel they replaced it with no hassle. Have you contacted Knight every experience I've had with them has been a good experience
Old 11-23-2005, 08:20 PM

Yeah the only drawback to a Knight is the discs but they aren't a big hassle for me.

Does anyone know of a way to get the primer out of the disc so I can reuse the disc?
Old 11-24-2005, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

dj I've got a hardwood board set up (1 x 2 x 5")with 5 holes drilled in it. the center hole is just large enough for the primer, I've drilled a larger 1/2 counter sunk hole (maybe 1/8" deep) for a guide and just use a hammer and a large finish nail to drive them back out. As posted earlier I've finally had one split after I think 5 rounds. I shoot 90 to 100loose powder of pyrodex or t7 so max loads might use them up quicker.also Knight doesn't recommend it. I take a old sock, put the used disc in, tie it and throw them in with a load of laundry, doesn't get them spotless but cleans them up pretty good with very littleeffort on my part
Old 11-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Dominant Buck

AQUATECH.. after reading your post about your American.. I wonder if you have ever contacted Knight Rifles and asked them to look the rifle over. The better companies do this and I am sure Knight would find out why that rifle would not shoot..

Many of the American Knights are excellent little rifles. Granted they might not take large powder charges but they get the job done.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:42 AM

thanks rj
Old 11-24-2005, 07:37 PM

YEP I CONTACTED THEM VIA AN E-MAIL DESCRIBING
MY PROBLEMS. I ALSO SENT THEM THE INFO FROM
OUR LOCAL GUNSMITH WHO RETIRED FROM REMINGTON
ARMS. THEY SAID IT SHOULD SHOOT CORRECTLY.
GAVE ME A POWDER/BULLET COMBO TO TRY. I SPENT
THE MONEY TRIED THE COMBINATION. STILL WOULD
NOT GROUP GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TO TRY AND TAKE
ANY SPECIES. MY BUDDY SHOT IT PROBABLY 40 TIMES
SAID I SHOULD TIE A HALF DOLLAR TO IT & THROW
IT IN THE RIVER. BUT SOME DO LIKE THE KNIGHT
BUT I'M NOT ONE OF THEM. AFTER THIS I BOUGHT A
CVA BEARTOOTH MAGNUM. CONTACTED THEM AND
THEY SENT ME POWDER BULLET COMBINATIONS WITH
CHRONY DATA. I'VE TAKEN THREE DEER AND 1 TURKEY
WITH THIS LITTLE 45. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO THIS
IS A GOOD PLACE TO FIND INFO BEFORE MAKING THAT
ALL IMPORTANT PURCHASE. GOOD LUCK GOD BLESS
Old 11-27-2005, 07:33 PM

You should have recontacted Knight and they would have corrected the problem. Their service is topnotch.

PLEASE DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS. HARD TO READ.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:36 PM

CONTACT KNIGHT!!!!!!!

They have made there name selling accurate rifles. They should be able to help you.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:42 PM

get the omega. the disc's are a pain and the omega isnt hard to cock with gloves or not with gloves or not and it shoots real nice and cleans real easy.

Quick Reply: Knight info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.