Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson Center Omega 50 cal.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thompson Center Omega 50 cal.

I like my omega .Got without the thumb hole because i shoot left
handed and it wasn't offered that way but this year one came in on my
far left so i shot it right handed with great results.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thompson Center Omega 50 cal.

Update! There was a problem with my Omega. The breech plug was siezed and would not come out. I had not yet even shot it. Just wanted to give it a good cleaning.

I took it back to Dicks Sporting Goods and the Mgr agreed to give me $150 off an Encore because they were out of Omega's. I took it and paid the $100 difference that was left over.

Went out and shot the Encore this morning. Had it sighted in at 50yds within 4 shots and shooting 2 inches high. (First shot was about 8 inchs low but the windage was right on.) Took it back to 100 yds and was about an 1/2 inch high. I left it there. Shot approx 20 rounds. Broght it home and gave it a good cleanin'.

I shot 4 consecutive 3-shot groups of approx 1 inch. Basically made one big hole in the target. Those stick on targets are awesome. VERY easy to see where you hit!!

It's a pain to clean, at least compared to the Omega. I hate that I have to completely take it apart to get the breech plug out.

ORIGINAL: Leathal Diamonds

I ordered it from Cabelas. It's the 50 cal "Thompson Center Omega Thumbhole Rifle with Scope and Starter Kit - All Camo Hardwoods".

It should be here next Thursday, the 17th.

Anyone have any experience with this ML?